Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding your Institution

I think this is great info.,and having brief informational updates is good as dept. sometimes have changes-big and small.

I agree. Keeping up to date as to any changes in the programs, curriculum and new degrees added is always the best policy.

you have to understand your institution; you have to know where you work and know what your working with. You cannot build any value to your students if you are not fully knowledgeable of your institution.

If you don't know what it is like to be an your student seat, it's kinda hard to justify the complications they go through. When the student come to us with questions,We should beable to answer it quickly. We cant advertise our institution without the knowledge. Students look for answer to their questions, because we tell them we are here to help them and that's establish a trust from the student to us. We should have the understanding of our institution because we are the professionals and students look up to us to know the answers.

you should always put yourself in the students shoes when recruting.always be truthful and honest and show them how your school cares about them from the beginng to the end . i answer all questions to the best i can and if i dont know something i look for the answer right away.

Always answer prospective student questions as honestly and accurately as possible, while still maintaining the highest level of customer service.

It is very important to understand your institution so that the information you are giving is accurate this may make a difference when enrolling students

I think that it is very important to be truthful and honest in any situation dealing with prospective students. People can read when you are giving them a false perspective or being dishonest. Developing trust among the partnership is a key component.

There are so many changes, it is hard to keep up. The Resource Notebook is a life saver.

I didn't realize how many different areas and all the information was required as an agent. I am learning quickly.

I try to put myself in their position. I want to understand what they may be going through. I do not want to become their friend but I can see how many difficulties some go through. More than others. I think it depends on the person of course how they look at each situation and if they actually want to get a higher education. What do you think?

This is the only way I believe we should handle ourselves in dealing with prospective and current students. If a student feels that the school representatives care about them, then, in my opinion, this helps them in their quest to complete their education. Support and encouragement are two important components in dealing with students.

The schools as a whole seem to be very good about updating us when other changes do go into effect so hopefully that will continue as we go forward!

I agree that being honest is extremely important. When things change, like when a program is discontinued or you don't have all the answers to a prospective student's questions, it's important to be upfront and not try to mislead them or give them false information. They'll appreciate the honesty and get the sense that your institution is trustworthy.

Sign In to comment