Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Texting

Is your school using texting to reach out to or communicate with students?

I don't think so. That might be a good way to advertise to a younger population.

This really helps when working with High School students.Alot of them only have texting phones or have limited phone mins.

right now we are not using texting but we sure need to.For the generation we are trying to reach, texting is part of their lives and we need to get on board!

We only use it as a class status tool for current students, meaning if class is cancelled or delayed due to weather or other factors. Personally, using it in anyway besides that would be a little too intrusive.

Texting is used by our school

Currently we only use texing in cases where we can not reach the student by phone,e mail or in writing. I do, however, think it would be a good idea to incorperate this type of communication in our everyday dealing with students. This is the main means of communication for many people.

Yes we use texting it has been very helpful to reaching out to the potential student-- nwe must keep up with technology.

Texting is used by our school, though we are not suppose to use personal phones, we have compnay phones to use. It's a matter of not getting caught up is situations that may have bad or difficult results/ outcomes from using personal phones. Don't want to get caught in a inapporpriate or stalking behaviors.It's about saftey issues and about compliance.

I think texting could be of great value in getting ahold of people while they are at work.

No we are not using texting at the time, but that is a great ideas to reach students, and to keep appointments and send reminders. I hope we will start using it soon.

I work often with HS students and use texting each day. It helps with appointment retention.

Currently my school is not using any type of texting. I do feel that might change in the future.

Use Txtdrop.com!! It’s a great way to communicate with students. You text them from this site and when they answer, it goes to your email. Then that’s how you guys can chat via texting.

Yes, my school does, and in some cases it has been pretty beneficial. We have noticed that students have responded instantly to text message as opposed to phone calls.

I agree that texting is a good resource.

Hey Thanks for this tip! For someone my age who does not text, this is a great way to communicate to teens on THEIR level!

Currently we are not using texting at my institution. I wish it would be implemented as I feel it would help us contact more potential students. It seems more people are using text messages as their sole source of communication, and schools must adapt to keep up.

The school I work for does not use texting to reach out to the student base. However, is that affective? Thanks!

Do you (and if so what types) ever get complaints about texting from students? I feel like this advertising trend was just picking up while I was finishing up my undergraduate and at the time I thought it was really odd.

Sign In to comment