Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having the feedback from multiple evaluations is so important to have. This will assure the students are receiving the best experience. 

Multiple evaluations help with improving the curriculum and ensures content is relevant to the course.  Factors changing the curriculum can be changes in knowledge and technology, or professional and industry innovations. 

It is important as curriculum is reviewed that educators, as professionals, reflect upon their knowledge or lack thereof.  Also, reviewing and learning technology is a must in an online environment.

I see the value in different data points. We look for student feedback but likely overlook some of the other forms of feedback after initial course revisions are done.

After a course, I realized that I need to do a better job to reflect on what went well and what may require additional improvement. I review the student evaluations but apart from thinking about how the term went in my head, I don't formalize my ideas to be more specific about what I can change or update for the next term. 

The most important thing I have learned in this module were the different methods for evaluating and reviewing the effectiveness of the course. I will apply the methods of the syllabus scan and portfolio to evaluate upcoming courses.

I was always confused about the word "stakeholders" in an academic institution.  But this helpled clear that confusion up and actually influences how I'll be assessing and evaluating my course. 

I particularly enjoy receiving feedback from my students and my peers, because both sources are looking at/for something different in their course experience. Peers push me to do/be better, whereas students not only help me, but the course, thrive for future students. 

Student must be evaluated.  I learned that a student must be evaluated in multiple ways, by written testging and didactic.

Reflecting on the reading it seems to me super vital and important to share with colleagues what worked and what did not work in order to identify where we should improve or what we should implement
New to get adequate feedback. This helps to make decisions to be able to close the loop on online courses.

Multiple evaluations and feedback are tools to use for constant course improvement.  Usee all tolls at your disposal and continue to expand the resources that you have to draw from.

Multiple evaluations are always better than just one.

Use quantitative and qualitative data to complement each other.  Quantitative data usually gives you the what; qualitative data usually answers the why or the how. Quantitative data also typically contains numerical data, whereas qualitative data typically includes interviews, written comments, etc.

Course grades provide feedback to the student but also data for the instructor to infer learning effectiveness.

This section really helped me to understand how to continuously improve my course through multiple sources. I am always open to constructive criticism, however, perhaps i need to seek it more in order to truly benifit my stake holders. 

Multiple sources, multiple evaluations provides better feedback. 

I learned that peer review and multiple evaluations are important for students' learning. 

I learned that closing the loop need multiple tools, from multiple stakeholders. There are severals ways to evaluate the course and they are through course grades, syllabus scan, assignments and exams, question tools, concept maps, or even peer evaluation/observation. 

Both qualitative and quantitative information is imporant to evaulate the online course. In addition, multiple stakeholders should provide input. Examples include students, peers, and program mentors.

Course evaluation is critical and the use of multiple methods is essential to getting the best data to use to improve your course moving forward. 

I use many sources to evaluate my courses, such as test results. I use them to see if one or more questions are being cosistantly missed, which could mean I am not explaining or demonstrating somethiinig weel enough. I also look at threaded discussions question answers to see how well they understand the consept being accessed.

Sign In to comment