Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

E-Learner

There different types of e-learne 

1. Noisy,

2.Quiet

4.Disruptive 

5. Intimidators

6.Procrastinators 

each one of these e-learners have they own unique way of learning, you do have to adapt to each learner a make sure they have clear understanding

Learner

Alway have a discussion that everyone  understanding the lesson, a educator knows there are different learner, so we have to respect the learner and not my them feel bad.

Giving a little description of yourself

Let the students know a little bit about yourself, let them engage with one  other, be aware of their needs and listening is the key, encourage them to engage in the conversation is important.

Class interaction

Properly prepare for your class. keep the students engaged and always know your learners

Teaching Techniqueon

Teaching online entails:

1.Writing your syllabus.

2.Creating inclusive and equitable online learning environment.

3.  Engaging students with discussions and questions/answer portion.

4. Promote student well being.

5. Facilitating effective online meetings

6.   Be always prepared.

Online Instructing

Learning how to be a well rounded online instructor will make the students ability to complete a course more effectively.

Awareness

It is so important to be aware of students' outside influences and pressures. We never know how someone is responding to life outside the classroom. It can affect how a student responds to classwork.

Active learning

Active learning is very instrumental in the student's learning experience and the instructor is the facilitator of that process

Managing behavior and conflicts in the online environment

There was good information on identifying the various behaviors but it would be great to identify briefly how to address disruptive behavior in the  course instead just referring to policy.

ASYNCHRONOUS AND SYNCHRONOUS LEARNING STyles

I have learned a great deal in how to engage the various learners styles via Synchronous versus Asnychronous 

Procrastinators

How do you all engage students who struggle with time management and procrastination? I know I have lots of students who end up completing their assignments an hour or less before they are due and I can tell the work is rushed. Any tips on helping students understand that procrastination, especially online is a poor habit?

Online Learning

Students must feel connected to the instructor in the online learning environment so that they feel connected and a part of the group. 

Managing the Online Classroom

It is important for faculty to get to know each student by observing, taking notes, and really learning each student. 

Active Learning

Students in the online environment can participate in active learning as they apply their knowledge to real-life experiences. 

Active Learning

As a faculty member, I am to be fully engaged in the curriculum and facilitating the course, and students can very much achieve active learning with an online learning platform. 

Attendfance

What is the best way to motivate the students to attend an online course where their attendance is not required.

What is your style of online teaching?

What is your style of online teaching?

Facilitating a Course with Low Engagement

What are some best practices for facilitating a course where you have low engagement?

engagement

How do you keep a student engaged online?

Classroom engagement

Sometimes it is a challenge to engage students in classroom discussion.