Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Credit transfers, how to organiza and what is in the reference notebook

As with many careers, updates happen and usually from a response to something else.  If there was an update and it was not known then the issue that caused the update can re-occur and cause a big headache for something that already has a solution.  Meetings held by the institution can highlight updates that have been released or raise awareness to a pending update.  Who knows, you might be the one that knows of an update that the rest of the school hasn't learned about yet.  Going back to a previous module, running an institution and staying compliant is a team effort.  Everyone has a role to fill and should not be covered by a single person.  

The checklist of documents is a helpfull tool I would consider this for updating information.

It's important to organize a resource binder and take advantage of meetings offered to stay up to date on compliance.

Meetings, continuing education, up to date with changes at the institution related to courses offered, the resource notebook, and checklist are all things that should be in place at all times. I am new to this and tomorrow will be setting up a resource notebook with everything I have learned in this course. 

Having a "living" resource book in place, where information can be added as changes in laws, rules and regulations take place, is very important for those who work in the Admissions team. How can we effectively advise prospective students if we are not aware of applicable information to frame conversations and or provide support?

Thanks, 

Alicia Brown

It is always really important to keep checklists and updated information of our institution as well and goverment laws,

GWENDOLYN ROLLE 

This module is very very important IT COVERS OBTAINING UP TO DATE INFORMATION FOR YOUR SCHOOL AND THE RULES AND REGULATION INORDER TO STAY IN COMPLIANCE AND UNDERSTAND THE DIFFRENCE OF OPERATIONS IF YOUR SCHOOL IS ACCREDITED OR NOT ,IT COVERS LICENSING AND ACCREDITATION and how inportanr conducting  meeting in order to keep your staff and administration on the cutting edge of information .

i learned the importance of staying up-to-date and being in compliance with rules and regulations ans policies and procedures.

I learned that it is useful to keep track and organize the information you are receieving so you can better understand the type of questions you will get from others.

I have learned the importance of staying up-to-date and compliant in regards to post secondary education. The checklist is very beneficial to help ensure we are knowledgeable with this subject matter.

I learned about the state licensing board and the statutes, what they entail and their governing practises.  I also learned that the knowledge about how these rules, statutes, polices and proceedures impact the abilities of my job.  I also have learned how to put together a resourse and checklist to maintain those polices and proceedures, according to the State's legislation.

I learned that regardless of if you are up to date with rules, regulations, documents, manuals, etc. It is still important to attend all meetings and trainings offered. I intend to participate in as many trainings and meetings as I possibly can while serving as director of admissions at the institute.

improve my knowledge about credit transfer policy according to CIE rules

ery important the characteristics of the institution, the Accreditation requires greater parameters. The policies for transferring credits will be very clear and students have the right to know them.

I learn where to find information on student transfer credits.Updating your referrence notebook with any new information is vital to our organization.The differences between licensing and accreditation.I also learn how important it is to keep up with many different company standards while attending training meetings.

Having a checklist is vital to making sure that you have everything organized

Credit transferrs can be tricky, Life experience credits can be an extensive process. keep up to date with meetings

Making a checklist is so important. As I mentioned before, checklists and templates make things so much easier for you to keep track of.

Admissions meetings... the phrase makes everyone roll their eyes. But it is SO important. These are one of the best ways to give admission reps the chance to vent. These meetings keep the admissions reps connected to their students by getting them updates on student progress. These meetings allow reps to discuss ways to improve their communication with students and seek out peers to overcome obstacles.

Sign In to comment