Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an instructor at a higher education, I am a mandatory reporter, even if I hear of sexual harassment or assault, not from the victim but from a source outside of the organization or from another channel other than a formal complaint or report.

The Title IX coordinator has the role of providing training to student and staff and ensuring confidentiality when a report is made.

The role of the Title IX coordinator is vital to ensure everyone's protection when situation arises. 

So basically I have gotten that all employees should or could be considered Responsible Persons.  As I have been a nurse for 22 years I have taken very seriously the role of a reporter (meaning if I know of abuse I must report it), It takes more than one person to create a safe environment for students and employees.

It is the responsibility of campus Title IX coordinator to comply quickly to all reported violations and to respond to and take necessary action to address violations by assessing what occurs and who all were involved and what action must take placed to bring about resolution.

Once sexual violence is reported, the school must protect the complainant by taking interim steps, even before an investigation is initiated.

I learned that keeping records confident and ensuring that claims are properly submitted to the title 9 coordinator. 

thank you,

Tabitha

All reports indicative of sexual harrassment or related incident must be promptly investigated.

I was able to use this information to update the Title IX policy for my school in regards to timely warning procedures and confidentiality. We had a policy in place but I was able to refine it to reflect that reporting is still important for our annual crime statistics report even if the victim chooses not to pursue any other action.

I learned about the importance of the Title IX coordinator and the need for visibility and availability to the students. 

It is very important to know who the Title IX Coordinator is and how to contact them. As an educator, it is also important to ensure your students also know this information or how to get to this information. 

The Title IX coordinator has the job of being available for the report of any activity that could be construed as sexual harassment in any form. The students and staff are obligated to do annual competency training to understand the role and the role of being a responsible person that anyone on campus can feel safe speaking to. The responsible person has an obligation to report and one to make the student aware of before they divulge confidential information to them. The reporter and the victim have the right to confidentiality and privacy regarding the incident, but also the right to safety and removal from the vicinity of a place where they are not safe. This applies even before the allegation has been investigated and ruled on. 

The role of the Title IX coordinator is to help whenever possible including situations where the victim did not report the incident. If enough evidence is given, then it is the responsibility of the coordinator to make sure that it is investigated.

I think there is a considerable amount of misunderstanding of the reach of Title IX. The old adage, 'not my problem', or 'I'm not getting involved' no longer applies once a member of the institution witnesses a Title IX violation.
It is important that all campus stakeholders understand their role in creating a safe and health campus climate and to report wrongdoing when it occurs.

The Title IX coordinator not only responds to allegations for Title IX violations but also educates staff and students regarding Title IX policies. 

I always thought ai order for Title IX to apply the student would actually have to report it so I learned it is still my responsibilities something suspicious is report it to me, I can report it to the Title IX coordinator. 

The Title IX coordinator plays a vital role in implementing Title IX at all institutions. 

Nice  Title IX

This module has been quite informative about the role of the Title IX coordinator. The role of the Title IX Coordinator is to be visible to all employees and students to provide training, conduct climate surveys, process requests for confidentiality, maintain records, modify and increase safety measures and policies when needed, and to continually review the effectiveness of these policies on campus. It is an important role to be sure. 

The school must provide the Title IX Coordinator with the necessary authority, autonomy, and resources to effectively collect, review, and act on Title IX complaints and reports.

Sign In to comment