Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is my 3rd academic institution and it's the first time I've heard of Title IX, the Clery Act, VAWA and FERPA.  Glad I'm here.

immediate response to any topic related to Title IX is extremely important

Great info in this

After completing this module, I actually looked up different institutions' websites to see if they had access to this information, including who their Title IX coordinator was. I guess in the past I was not always looking for that information, so I never really realized it was present. It was reassuring to see that a simple search would give contact information and the institution's stance with Title IX. 

Responsibility to report.

I liked the part regarding how to train responsible employees and I intend to implement this on my campus.

It is important to have individuals available to whom a staff member or student can make a report.

The students and staff shoudl be aware of who and how to report an incident. 

I have learned about the Title IX coordinaters responsibility and other faculty as well in reporting violent crimes or harrassment, unwanted texts or e-mails. I plan to pay attention to the dialogue and report suspected incidents to be investigated.

Small school do not have to have a full time employee responsible for TitleIX

The institution is responsible to make sure the campus makes necessary adjustments to make all students feel safe.

The role of the Title IX coordinator is very important, this information as to who the person is designated should be posted and everyone on campus aware.

I have learned that it is a good practice to have all employees trained on what to do with this subject and to be clear in giving information to all students, employees and applicants.

I became thoroughly familiar with all of the Policies and Procedures regarding Title IX and its implementation within our institution. I am pleased to have this in place.  

Important to be aware of our responsibilities in the online enviorpnment should students share information related to sexual asssault, harrassment etc. that needs to be followed up on. 

Policy 57 Title IX requires emaployees to report any allegations to the Title IX coordinator or the deputy assigned to campus for immediate investigation.

I have learned that even  if an act thta is reportable occurs outside of the campus grounds, it is still able to be reported. This is important for the students to know . They also need to know that their privacy will be protected.

I learned that its important for all to know who holds the role of the Title IX Coordinator. Also the respodsibilties of the employees to report to the coordinator.

I really enjoyed this portion of the course. It is very clear to me that the institution is obligated to take a more active role once they are informed either directly or indirectly (social media, third party) of a sexual harassment. I like the concerted efforts within this policy to ensure there are action-orientated solutions and a sense of urgency (which might help establish trust because the harassment/concern is being taken seriously and diligently).

Title IX coordinators and "responsible employees" need to be accessible to the university community in the case of an incident of violence. Both should also be familiar with reporting processes and ways to assist victims of violence that ensure safety, care, and compliance with procedures.

Sign In to comment