Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that Title IX and VAWA covers more than just students and more than just on campus or off campus school events. I did not know that action could be taken even if the victim refused to be involved in the investigation.

The Title IX Coordinator is a crucial figure in fostering a campus environment that promotes safety, equality, and compliance with federal regulations. They work to address and prevent sex-based discrimination and violence while ensuring that the institution provides a supportive and fair process for all individuals involved.

Title IX (Title Nine) and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) training are essential components for building safer campuses. These training programs focus on educating individuals within educational institutions about policies and procedures related to reporting and responding to incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking.

I 100 percent agree with your point of view, I will apply it from now on.

Social Media helps to Identify crimes of a sexual nature and a Title IX coordinter should act on this posted information.

By going through this course I've learned that schools has the obligation to commence a investigation about any incident that involves student, faculty, or other peoples who are sexually offended

When an incident occurs, it is important to take immediate action for the safety of the involved parties.

This is very interesting and after learning more about this, I feel as if it would be best to have an IX Coordinator on every campus to ensure saftey. 

Title IX plays an important role in protecting the students and bringing awareness to sexual crimes that may occur . It is important for all students and employees to be aware of the proper person to reach out to and even understand that any reporting can be done confidentially if need be.

The Responsible Employee needs to be documented even if it's in publication to stay compliant

It is important that I know my facilities policies/procedures, as it pertains to title IX. This information provided very informative information-thank you.

Comment on Tricia Reichert's post: So much agree with you on the role of the TITLE IX coordinator as challenging! Partly, because of the way we train people. Also, because of the overwhelming obligations to guarantee confidentiality and the duty of keeping records. Difficult job.

c c
c c

many bad thing can and do happen on campuses. any type of sexual harassment, sexual crimes should all be reported and encouraged to report it. no retribution should be given for reporting such conduct either. The presence of and training title IV coordinators should be of most importance to help our staff and students.

I believe i had good information ,that we have to report immediately of any harassment  happened  in the institute to the IX coordinator and find quick respond to control the situation  and make many  steps to make sure that it will not rehappen againe by finding the week spots that led to that to occur . 

It is good to know the Role of the Responsible Employee and what to be cautious about. Victims of any types of assault, need to feel supported about the importance of reporting.  I feel that not reporting the crime will result in the perpetrator going unpunished, and will continue to pray on other victims.  

From this module, I have learned the importance of knowing who my institution's Title IX coordinator is and how to get in contact with them if necessary.

very informative

A school’s  Title IX Coordinator may receive reports of sex-based harassment from any member of the school community.

This module was really informative on how to protect our students and what to do about it while they getting attacked by all this verbal harassment, unwanted text, etc

The title IX coordinator is the lead example of all the procedures that need to take place if any conflict happens.

Sign In to comment