Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What if an inappropriate situation happens outside of campus - say a party, where a student inappropriately touches another student- and a responsible employee hears rumors, but no reports are made to a school employee? Would contacting the alleged "perpetrator" and discussing the situation with them be appropriate and required?

The role of the Title IX is extremely important not only for handling of individual cases but ensuring training and procedures are in place at the school and evaluated routinely and for relavance or need for changes

I have learned about the importance of a well trained title nine coordinator

All faculty, students, and affiliates should be responsible and feel empowered to report a violation of title IX.  The title IX coordinator plays a pivital role in safety and awarenss.  I appreciate the education on the Clergy Act and Title IX and what campus team members can do to provide safety.

learing of a potential sexual assault via social media is enough to require a responsible employee to report the incident. 

This program provides excellent information regarding the role of the Title IX coordinator and the lack of requirement to report to the police is noted, for which the affected person's decision is to be respected.

It is important for the Title IX to be available to the students, faculry and staff and to perform a proper investigation while keeping the alleged victim safe. 

Personally, I am relieved that Title IX exists and provides us with training, and steps to take if we encounter such issues. It takes the burden off of us, as concerned humans, and gives us the opportunity to help students (or other staff or faculty) quickly and appropriately. 

Being a student, I did not recieve any additional training or even the list of responsible people. I did not even know that there was a Title IX Coordinator at my University. Also, I personally knew many students who reported about the hostile environment in classes, but also knew about the acts of retaliation against the reporting persons and the victims. Confidentiality is still a huge issue!

This section was training on the Title IX Coordinator and their part in the scream of things within the institution. Being the new Coordinator within our organization ... this section helped me learn my responsiblities and organize my files ... it will also help me train all new employees with their knowledge of Title IX.

The Title IX Coordinator needs to be a person who has a leadership role and is trustworthy, especially when it comes to confidentiality.  They need to have knowledge on how to handle victims of sexual violence including being sensitive to their needs.  The reporting of Title IX and VAWA violations is important to protect these victims and stop the perpertrator.  I agree that immediate response is needed to prevent further acts of violence and to assist the victim(s).  

Responsible employees and Title IX coodinators responsibilites to students and employees to help provide a safe environment free from sexual harrassment, sexual assault, sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking; and what to do when incidents happen to resolve or help however they can under VAWA, Clery's law and Title IX.

The role of the Title IX coordinator or their designee is crucial to support any student/employee that may fall prey to sexual or gender-based discrimination.  The information obtained should be reported in a timely manner.

Even an off campus sexual assult or rape learned about second hand trhough social media should be reported and investigation initiated.  

There was a lot of important information in this module.

The role of the Title IX Coordinator is to be visible to students, faculty and staff to provide training, conduct climate surveys, process requests for confidentiality, maintain records, modify and increase safety measures and policies when needed, and to continually review the effectiveness of these policies on campus.

The position of a Title IX Coordinator and how extremely important they are. 

The role of the Title IX Coordinator is to be visible to all employees and students to provide training, conduct climate surveys, process requests for confidentiality, maintain records, modify and increase safety measures and policies when needed, and to continually review the effectiveness of these policies on campus.

rules and polices are implemented to provide practice guidelines 

Comment on Carol Mattox's post: Yes i agree.  The coordinator should be the go to

It was interesting to learn about when a school is considered to be on-notice, especially given it doesn't have to be the victim coming forward. 

Sign In to comment