Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Responsibility to act even on indirectly received information

I have learned that it is very important for all students and staff to be able to identify the title IX cooridinator at the campus. 

The Title IX Coordinator's responsibilities go beyond ensuring the institution maintains compliance. They work as a consultant - researching the campus culture, finding the weak spots, providing essential employee & student training, creating engagement within the larger community, and staying up to date with regulations. Not to mention all of the policies once a complaint is filed. 

Knowledgeable and reporting that is needed from a Title Ix in order to take the proper precations for students and staff.

The Title IX coordinator plays a huge role in ensuring campus safety. They are responsible for providing training, conduct campus surveys, increase safety, and review effectiveness. They must make sure that the school takes immediate and appropriate actions at all tilmes.

The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for training the staff on the importance of sexual harassment and sexual violence prevention. Within this spectrum, the Coordinator needs to train staff on how to respond effectively when a sexual harrassment or sexual violence situation becomes apparent. It is in the best interest of all involved to help support the victim through their process and to make them feel safe and secure within the college. 

Report the violationa asap.

The Title IX Coordinator's role is important, and visibility is also important.  That is, people need to know who this person is in case reports need to be made.  The issue of confidentiality was also discussed and is also important in order to protect both parties while any investigation is ongoing.

Reply to Tricia Reichert's post:  You can never undervalue the need for Titile 9 Coordinators.

Title IX Coordinator  should be avialable to students, faculty and staff to provide training, process requests for confidentiality, maintain records to ensure the safety atmopstphere in the campus.

it's important for the staff to take training and familiarize themselves with that the coordinator does and their role. They are knowlegeable, accessible, and helpful. 

I learned that the Title IX Director is the person to whom reports of sexual misconduct and violence should be sent to. I also learned that there are various "Responsible Employees" who assist the Title IX Director in these responsibilities. I intend to learn who these responsible employees are at my campus in order to know more who can be contacted if/when these events occur.

I learned that there are various "Responsible Employees" who assist the Title IX Director in her/his responsibilities as it relates to reporting on sexual misconduct and violence. I intend to learn who the responsible employees are on my campus to know more people who can help with the issues if/when they occur.

The importance of the Title IX and VAWA acts are that they protect everyone, no matter gender or gender preference from harm or harassment in the education environment. These give the victims a recourse to report the incident, and obtain any assistance needed. They also hold the institution responsible for investigating and determining if a situation was indeed a harassment or violent act against the victim and to proceed as needed and proscribed by Title IX and VAWA for reporting and disciplinary or criminal actions against the person found guilty of doing so. 

It is the Title IX Coordinator's responsibility to provide training to students, faculty, and staff about Title IX and VAWA. The name of the Title IX Coordinator and Responsible Employees needs to be posted in student catalogs, handbooks, and flyers on campus. The resources provided in this course are very helpful such as PowerPoint templates and the worksheet to show awareness of Title IX information.

The Title 9 Coordinator has may duties including : training, surverying campus, requesting confidenciality, record keeping, increasing safety measures and review information to make sure the safety is still effective. I did not know that VAMA can not require a victim of sexual violence to contact the police but are able to use the data for their statistics .

The title topic is most appropriate "building a safer campus". This topic has been very informative regarding what needs to be done regarding sexual harassment, violence and so on. Title IX is definitely a must for all schools to utilize in creating a safer campus and having a blueprint to follow. .

It is very important to maintain the confidentiality of the reporter and ensure that they feel safe and supported.   

The Title IX Coordinator's responsiblities is to be known by students, faculty and staff and to provide training, conduct climate surveys, process requests for confidentiality, maintain records, modify and increase safety measures and policies when needed, and to continually review the effectiveness of these policies to students and staff. 

The Title IX Coordinator's responsiblities is to be known by students, faculty and staff and to provide training, conduct climate surveys, process requests for confidentiality, maintain records, modify and increase safety measures and policies when needed, and to continually review the effectiveness of these policies to students and staff. 

Sign In to comment