Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics role in evaluation and reording of student learning.

Value-added assessment involves takining any student data used to document students growth in learning  by comparing students current level of learning to their own past learning.

Value-added assessment provides focus,fair comparsion, accuntability, and diagonstic.

Rubrics play a large role in how student learning is evaluted and recorded. Also, rubrics provides a measure of qulaity of performance on the basis of established criteria.

I learned the importance of using a rubrics for grading subjective assessment.  The rubrics provides feedback for the students and evaluation to improve the course.  

When creating a rubic the instructor must focus on measuring student outcomes and have built in objectives related to quality and or pefrormance.

I learned that pre assesments are extremly important inorder to conduct diagnostic assessments.  It's important to measure students pre existing skills/knowlege that students already have mastered.  The diagnostic assessment will provide students with quick  assessments at the beginging of the course..

I learned about three types of assessments: value-added, alternative, and authentic assessment.  The ruberic information was a nice reminder of how valuable these tools can be.  

i believe this was very valueable and helpful to all

I like the 5 evaluation components. They provide a good blueprint for effective course evaluation, as well as help to identify weak areas in the course delivery

I haven't used a Rubric in the past, although it appears to be a bit time consuming at first, it's a great tool in achieving better overall outcomes for the student and instructor.

The rubrics are a guide so that there is clarity when evaluating and reaching agreements with the students. When they are not established, there is subjectivity in the teacher's evaluation.

Tanto las tres evaluaciones, valor agregado, autentica y alternativa, son permiten otras miradas al proceso de enseñanza aprendizaje centrado en el alumno y su propio procesos. Las rubricas son herramientas muy buenas para establecer los criterios precisos para evaluar y ayuda a nuestros estudiantes tenerlas antes asi pueden enfocarse mejor

I have learnt that evaluation should add value to everyone and a reference point it the knowledge and skills student have before entering the course. 

I have learned that allowing and encouraging students to add valuable evaluations about the course is essential to improving the course and find better ways to assess the students. For example, one great way to assess students is through the use of rubrics, as rubrics given prior to the assessment allow the student to know how they will be evaluated and hence can prepare accordingly to ensure the best results and learning outcomes. 

La evaluación es un  mundo, la verdad este curso me sirvió para refrescar la memoria, y para aprender nuevas sobre como mejorar mi práctica específicamente la forma como estoy evaluando en el entorno online. 

The value-added evaluation requires the analysis and understanding of the students, their advances and their behaviors to propose efficient evaluations. Growth must be documented to measure past learning versus current learning.

ampliar más el papel de las rúbricas en cuanto a la medida de la calidad del desempeño, en el continuo proceso de enseñanza y aprendizaje

The importance of rubrics to improve the student's end product.

I found the goals that can be accomplished via authentic assessment to be most valuable in this module. 

There are several benefits to value-added assessments, provides a clearer accountability measure for instructors, can determine how well students are progressing, recognize growth, identify failures and successes.  I find this is good in helping me to adjust the way I teach my classes, it is always different due to varying student ability levels and prior knowledge.  It helps me to feel good about the uses of collaboration in my assignments to help students and instructors learn from each other.

This module is important because is focus on the demands for the course and the way students can be graded fairly. 

Sign In to comment