Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics can help students formulate answers which are on task with course objectives. This leads to better grades, better retention of knowledge and better future application of skills.

This module is highly informational in all aspects of online teaching, students' centered learning and evaluation, It is also highly valuable for course revisions by way of students and teachers evaluating methids.

Dr. Anton Hawatmeh

Value-added assessment should be shared with colleagues. 

I learned more about the design of a rubric; it was interesting to note that the number of performance levels should be even, 4 or 6.  The basis for that made sense and I intend to apply this theory.

Rubrics provide a measuring tool for the students but it may limit the students creativity. Value added measures improvement. Rubrics help me when graading assignments.

With us moving from the classroom to on-line we will need assessments to adapt to this new environment.

If I am understanding this correctly, it is a way to not so much measure their retention and memorization, but rather progress along the scale of understanding the material. 

Value added assessment has instructors working to reach all students in the learning process. Having a variety of teaching strategies allows you to meet student's needs no matter the ability level.

Value added assements, gives something to strive for. Rubics/grades/standings/ helps guide what is expected.

Authentcative and Alternitive assements are vauable tools. Rubric help students know how they will be graded, which gives them a path to achieve the required grade.  Assmintes of the on line course can help develop the course, make changes which can improve the course next time it is taught.

I learned the importance of rubrics adn the evaluation of a course to implement changes to it.

I learned more of what I wasn't getting regarding rubrics.

Rubrics make tough assignments easier to understand for students and easier for instructor to evaluate more equally 

Found this interesting: Rubrics can restrict the students' creativity as they may feel they need to complete the assignment strictly to the rubric criteria instead of taking the initiative to explore.

I found value added assessment very interesting and useful.

Rubrics are necessary for guidance and the success of students. 

The process of assessment is a dynamic one.  By using feedback and analyzing the data, instructors can formulate tools that best measures student learning.

I learned about value added  assessments and how to use them.  Also the additional information on using rubics was very informative.

I was reminded of the correct terminology regarding different types of assessments.  The value of variety.  Also, the importanve of rubrics.  As well as, class evaluation through studnet input.

When students receive rubrics beforehand, they understand how they will be evaluated and can prepare accordingly. Developing a grid and making it available as a tool for students' use will provide the scaffolding necessary to improve the quality of their work and increase their knowledge.

Sign In to comment