Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Potential benefits are provided by value-added assessment over other methods of analyzing student scores include focus, fair comparison, accountability, and diagnostics. These all assist in investigating students' growth in learning by comparing students' current level of learning to their own past learning.

Rubrics should be used in the assessment process because many experts believe that rubrics improve students' end products and therefore increase learning. When students receive rubrics prior to the assignment/project, they understand how they will be evaluated and can prepare accordingly.

Rubrics are essential piece of information that provides specific feedback for students to grow and learn from.

Value-added assessments were presented in this section. They are helpful in that they give students a way of measuring their learning by comparing their current scores with prior ones.

I like the idea of developing value-added assessments that allow students to compare their progress to themselves over time. I do that a bit, but I'd like to figure out other ways of doing it. 

I have learned to be more conscious of evaluating my evaluations and how effectively they are illustrating student learning. 

During this session I was able to understand in depth the reasoning behind having a rubric and how that will help guide the assignment. 

Although I have used rubrics for years, in this module i learned how essential they are for student success and learner understanding of the goals for the assignment. 

By implementing Value Added Assessment in my classroom, I hope to create a more data-driven and student-centered learning environment.

All types of evaluations are important but the most important thing are the use combination of then adequately 

A rubric helps students to know when assignments are due and what to do.

This reinforces my understanding and appreciation for rubrics. They are an excellent tool and resource to both student and teacher in a multitude of ways.

Value-added evaluation is a strategy that allows measuring instructional effectiveness. It is defined, operationally, as the difference between students' performance on a standardized test

Rubrics provide the student with information regarding the course requirements.

I learned that rubrics are way more useful than just providing consistency.

The students assesment and evaluations are a rich tool to improve a program, course, unit, content or task!

The course as a whole should be analyzed to investigate  methods for course improvement.  the purpose of evaluating a course is to determined if the instructional methods and content have been presented in a method appropriate to  accomplishing outcomes/objectives. 

I learned different ways to assess student learning.

Rubrics are a great tool for letting students know the expectations required.

Value-added assessments provide a number of insights to how the course content was learned by the students and how it was presented by the instructor. 

It's important for students to have concrete, written standards regarding what is expected of them.

Sign In to comment