Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that rubrics are an authentic assesment tool to simulate real life activity where students are engaged in solving real life problems.

The Rubrics are a very important and necessary tool for your course as well as student feedback to constantly adjust and inprove your course.

Rubics are very helpful to students in that in can help them become better judges of their work.

Value assessments can measure a students growth compared to where they started.  

Rubrics are useful tool in preparing the students for an assignment as well as evaluating their performance.

A Rubric is an excellent tool for the student to use prior to finishing their assignment, it serves as a guide to improve their work.

I learned  that the four levels of evaluation to move toward course revision include reactions, learning, transfer, and results. 

Rubrics are a great way for the students to understand how the assignment is going to be graded.

I learned about the importance of using a variety of assessments to evaluate students, especially in an online learning setting. I also learned about the benefit rubrics can have when evaluating students.

I have taught theory and clinical in my past experience and am now in the simulation department. Although there is little time with each student which makes assessment difficult in real time, I believe it is easier to achieve online delivered virtually. After taking this module, I do believe I have a little bit orf revising to do. 

Assessments help teachers by giving them on going feedback about how well the students are understanding the course.  Then teachers can take this feedback and make changes where needed.

The importance of rubrics to ensure the student understands the assignment and gives me a guideline to follow in grading. Also, the importance of evaluating the course overall in regard to the students learning. 

Allowing students to understand the value of the assessment as well as the instruction - or content area covered in the assessment - helps the student understand that it is important information they are learning. 

I hope that writting rubrics comes more easily soon.  It said in the text that teachers new to writing rubrics can find it "time consuming".  I've been using them for a while and still find them time consuming to compose.  I would also have like to have more examples of value added assessments.  I'm still not sure how I can have students complete simulations and skill performances on-line.

VAlue added assement can be used to indicate a student's progress in the learning rather than a percentage of the content they have mastered. Value-added assessments can be used with special needs learners, who are not expected to master a percentage of content to be successful. Value added assessment can be diagnostic and can provide fair comparison and accountability.

Using Rubric is an excellent tool for the student to use prior to finishing their assignment, it serves as a guide to improve their work. it also lets them know where they went wrong. For example, at the school, I work at if a student does not answer the initial discussion forum within 2 days and answer two classmates within 4 days they lose a lot of points. Having the Rubric lets them know they need to improve on that and motivates them to make sure they answer within the frame it tells them. 

I didn't realize course evaluations were so important. I can't figure out why we don't make them more mandatory for HS students. I would enjoy this.

Rubrics can be a great way to provide specific feedback to students on a variety topics where they are being assessed. The key to using a rubic though is that students understand the rubic and how it is being used.

I should use a variety of types of assessment to make choices on content.

Rubrics let the students know exactly what points they need to focus on in the project.

The value to assesment and how it is related to sudent growth.

Sign In to comment