Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that the evaluation is one the most important processs in the students evaluation in the courses.  When the professor use a good rubric and complete have an effective teaching. 

In this module, I have learned that Student evaluations are an essential source of information on how well a course is designed to meet its outcomes/objectives, and can lead to course revision. The four levels of evaluation to move toward course revision include: reactions, learning, transfer, and results.

Rubrics are a great way for students know what to expect.

beautiful and interestinf modules. 

value-added, alternative, and authentic assessment are all new to me and I am super excited to see how I can implement them in our curriculum. I also enjoyed learning about the course evaluation steps and I think they are very applicable even in on campus courses.

The importance of providing rubrics prior to assignment submission, provides students with an outline of how their submission will be assessed and also what is required to achieve success.

I learned the importance of the rubic for the students to learn and understand how they are graded.

The correct rubric for the course is essential and making sure that it is easy to understand will enhance the student experience.

Wow - this topic felt like theoretical academia.  In what world would you opt for Alternative Assessment over Authentic?  One of the bullets was to ensure you choose topics of interest to the student.  What about meeting course objectives?  I must be old-school because authentic made the most sense for me.

Value added assesment is very beneficial to both my students as well as myself. 

It was quite intersting to look at the actual process of developing a course from start to finish. Further, after the course has been utilized, it is equally important to continually review it, and see if in fact it is performing as designed. 

La evaluación de valor agregado es un gran reto para los docentes, ya que deben ser de nivel A1 porque deben conocer muchas estrategias para atender de manera personailizada a cada estudiante según su avance, sus logros y sus debilidades, se le debe acompañar y apoyar en su logro. Además, esto lleva a que los docentes puedan reunirse en grupos de interacción para compartir experiencias y puedan ayudar con mayor agilidad a los alumnos. Referente a las rúbricas, queda muy claro que son instrumentos de evaluación objetiva que ayudan mucho a los docentes en la evaluación, permitiendo retroalimentar en ellas según los criterios de logro de cada alumno, así como se deben construir sobre ciertos criterios y se pueden adaptar algunas que ya existen , para agilizar la actividad. Finalmente, la evaluación de un curso virtual es muy importante y necesaria antes de brindarlo a los alumnos, aplicando allí la evaluación diagnóstica, formativa y sumativa.

Lo aplicaré con mis alumnos en los cursos donde utilizo rúbricas de evaluación, revisando los criterios para su claridad y el logro de los objetivos planificados.

I learned important strategies for creating rubrics for my classes, as well as how to use rubrics effectively to assess student performance, and how to adjust rubrics to fit the needs of classes.

As all interactions we want students to gain something of value from assessment. Value-added assessments means that the assessments are not purely evaluative, but serve a purpose in the students learning and the professors instruction.

Value added assessment can be made in many instances, and can be beneficial.  This is particularly useful in online education as student growth can be identified.  Working with rubrics can be beneficial to everyone as it gives students knowledge of what will be graded (often not the specific answer, but how it was presented) and gives instructors places to point out strengths and weaknesses of a given answer.  

Having revised two courses in very different circumstances, all types of evaluation are valid.  Instructors need to be constantly evaluating the student population (it changes from class to class) response and pay attention to what works, or doesn't.  Get feedback from students as often as possible.   

In this module I learned that one of the reasons a rubric should be used in assessment, is that it helps the student to understand how they will be evaluated, so that they can prepare accordingly.  After learning about the advantages of using a rubric, I then learned from the module the 3 common features of rubrics, in order to be able to apply this tool in the classroom.

It been a pleasure learinnig about value added assement

In this module I have learned that the different assessments provided here (value-added, alternative, authentic and the rubric) are valueable sources to help the student succeed in their course work and also help the instructor with the feedback needed for course revision and grading criteria.

Value added assessments compare students level of knowledge and understanding after they have been taught information to their level of knowledge when they started, measures how well the instructor delivered the course information to ensure growth and knowledge of the students. 

This was defintely my favorite module of this course so far! I didn't know that the way most of my assesments are set up are a mix of authentic and alternative! I'm really happy to have learned some specifics about these methods that I can help to further improve my assesment methods. I also appreciated the last module that discussed evaluating your course after assesment. Its an imperative part of the process that I don't think new teachers hear about often, so I'm glad it was included here.

Hi, 

I agree with Thuraya Abdullaabout three types of assessments: value-added, alternative and authentic assessments were new terminologies.

Sign In to comment