Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Planning and setting goals is something you need to actually live your life. If you don't set goals you have nothing to motivate you. Tone and attitude can definately be mis-read in a text environment. Time management can be one of the biggest challenges in the online environment.

The 7 goals of learning help engage students in their own success and help make the educator more successful at keeping focus in all the right areas, most of which are: communication, communication, communication!

I will apply the principles of Netiquette to ensure students are familiar with this at the beginning of a course.  I believe the pitfalls to avoid in online learning are not all that different from pitfalls in face to face learning.  They are important but not different.

I learned the seven principles of good practice include, encourage contact between students and instructor. One of the things that stuck out to me was providing prompt feedback. I think this is important to a students success. 

The guidelines needed to achieve a well designed and well-executed learning environment are described in this module. Furthermore, the module stresses on how planning, goal setting, and achievement of incremental steps enhances student self-confidence. The module also describes proper netiquette in an online course. And it describes the strategies which students need to become more successful in the online environment.

I learned 7 principles of learning development of Arthur and Stephen and time management is very important for students success.  

• Be active
  • Understand the expectations 
  • Work cooperatively
  • Interact with other students and the instructor
  • Appreciate diversity in the classroom 
  • Be responsible

all good points to remember.

It is always good to practice the seven principles. By providing prompt feedback the students can correct their mistake and do better in the course quicker than with feedback taking longer. 

Encouraging communication between students, as well as student to instructor is vital.

contact the students often and communication on both parties is important 

The Seven Principles of Good Practice are very helpful and the chart outlining faculty and student responsibilities.

Netiquette is basically defined as an acceptable way of communicating via the Internet. Never heard of this term.

The 7 principles of learning was very good information. Also planning and goal settings for students was also benificial.

For online learning opportunities to be successful, teachers and leaders of schools must be aware of the pedagogy and tools that necessitate great learning for students. 

On line courses put more resposibility on the student for completing their education. This being said showing the student how to manage their time to stay on couse can defeat procrastinnation.  Waiting till the day before tasks are due thend to overwhelm the student who underestimates the task at hand. showing them good time management skill can be very helpful.

If, as educators, we tie the success of our course (and meeting set goals) to the students' larger life goals, they will be more likely to stay motivated. 

Successful Online Learning Techniquies start with Goal Setting. Areas for goals can be family , finanical, career, education , physical, phsycological, service, and others. Online learning and successful planning from both Instrucor and Student are based from infromation, skills, and knowledge and through good planning and organization learning experiences are increased and improved. The biggest pitfall in Online learning is procrastination and throuh good Time Managment schedules learning quality experiences for both Instructor and Student are improved. 

As an instructor, it is frustrating to see smart and talented students fall behind. When students don't learn the experience they are looking for and deserve it makes me want to push them harder. This section gave me tools I can apply to motivate them to do the pushing themselves. If the students apply planning and goal setting and time management skills themselves they will be more successful than having me bug them to do their assignments.

This section covers important are including helping students establish goals and see goals as relevant to their lives, and planning. Perhaps most interesting is suggesting timeframes that will be needed for the completion of specific tasks. It is interesting that on one hand social science studies suggest that our attention span is shorter than ever, students still have the capacity to spend long durations of time binge playing video games or binge-watching streaming services. Maybe it isn't the attention span but a vision for the task that needs to be evaluated?

Students working at their own pace is great. It allows freedom to multiask and utilize time management. 

Sign In to comment