Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As with any communication, tone and attitude are essential components.

As an instructor i must understand  students do not simply do not want to do the work but fall into online pitfalls of learning. They are balancing so much on thier plate and must manage their time well. 

The seven principles of learning is inclusive to all of the models thus far

It is important to encourage students to  plan and set  goals and avoid pitfalls such as procastination that usually jeopardizes online students' performance. I will ensure that I apply the 7 principles of good practice in my online teacing

I liked the idea of incorporating the idea of netetitte into our online classes is important. I plan to merge that idea into my online class.

Helping students with time management is essential.  I can do this partly by adding the expected time needed to assignments and modules and sharing a well-planned calendar and syllabus.  

It was helpful to learn the diffrent ways of teaching but the foundation of the seven principles of teaching 

I have determined that the 7 principles of learning may not only work for online learning only but for face to face learning as well. 

The seven principles of learning will help both instructors and students to know their responsibility for online teaching.

I learned how important time management is for the student and a calendar is so helpful.

The seven principles of learning are an important part of the learning experience. Instructors need to plan, assess, evaluate their teaching methods to ensure students are accountable for their learning.

Online learning need not be done in large blocks of time.  A skill set can be reviewed/mastered in smaller amounts of time which is often-times more feasible for the student. A student overthinking the amount of time needed can have a negative affect on his experience and possibly keep him from working at all.

Throughout this course it has mentioned time management.  I personally like the idea of having a weekly reminder of what is due next week or what is coming up soon (tests/projects) to ensure there are no surprises and everyone can manage their time to get it all completed.  

Helping students to manage their time can be beneficial to them, not only in an online course, but in life in general.  The ability of working ahead in an online learning environment should be encouraged and supported by teachers.  This way students are not caught off guard in a difficult situation if something were to arise that hinders their time available for learning.

With this information I would create a time management lesson utilizing the tips that are listed to help students to develop time management skills.

I lerned about the seven principles of good practice. It's a great reminder of things that instructors should do to help towards the students ablity to learn.

Netiquette, time management and 7 principles of learning are somethings i will try to use more of them in my daily classroom environment to help the students perform better i hope.

Helping students develop planning and goal-setting skills is beneficial for their success.

Taking online courses take skill and dedication. It is important that students have organization and time management. There are several principles needed to help with being successful in an online course. Pitfalls can be avoided and all types of students need to plan. Planning helps to avoid pitfalls. 

I learned how important it is help the students to keep from experiencing some of the pitfalls of online learnig.  I will need to stress with them to utilize good time management skills, be willing collaborate and learn from their peers, and to use proper netiquette.

The acronym for describing netiquette based on the word RESPECT can easily be utilized in an online envirnoment.

Sign In to comment