Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

organization, time management, and proper tech support are all very critical to the online learning/ teaching enviroment that need to be mastered, or at least practiced regularly.

I can see that Organization ia key factor when managing time while teaching an online course. for a teacher to be effective with all aspects of online teaching.

It is important to be organized and have a workspace

As an instructor and Information manager we must have control over structure, processing, and delivery of information.

Workload management skills are equally as is important to online instruction as any other skill the instructor may have.

Good time management skills are important for both students and instructors of online classes

To draft a workload management strategy, it's helpful to refer to the course syllabus.

Generally, every assignment you give the students that requires feedback can be noted and scheduled out.  This helps the instructor know how much time they will need to block off for student communications.  The instructor can then go back and look for areas where this communication can be streamlined, such as usilizing auto-responses or FAQ databases.

The online environment will run efficiently on the well oiled mechanism of the instructor, support staff and students.  While not being all knowing, the instructor is the hub of the entire operation, having control of the management of time, information and technology.

Management and organization go hand-in-hand to partner as support for the students as well as the instructor. Because there is a variety of needs for the classroom regardless whether traditional or virtual more is better to provide the gradual release for success.

Create a schedule and stay organized

With the sudden change from in-class to on-line delivery of curriculum, the development of workload management skills has often not been prioritized as educators struggle to deliver content in this new environment.

Having workload strategies is essential to the online instructor.  Having time management and information management is just a part of the workload strategies.  There must be support from the instructor and from technology groups.

Time management and organization are essential for success for the instructor and the students.  I liked the idea of using 3 lists of 3 to prioritize without becoming overwhelmed.

I learned that it is important to have a team to help manage information while teaching online. I would like to look for ways to get support with technology issues that may arise. I hope to create a plan to help me with starting my online class.

As an online instructor I need to be able to manage time, information. Be aware that students will contact me for tech support. I will need tech support as well. Developing a FATQ (Frequently Asked Technology Questions link is most helpful. Hopefully the students will use that first and be able to find what they need to do prior to seeking tech support from me. 

SETH SORONNADI

Learned that "This mentoring system is developed through institutions to supplement support structures that already exist, in a more interactive way which provides human contact"

I will set-up a FATQ section.  Sometimes we assume that students are more computer savvy than they really are.  The use of smart phones and tablets does not make you proficient on the computer.

Online courses may be completed in 8, 10, or 15 weeks, so there are also inconsistencies in the length of the course. Also, the content of an online course impacts the workload.

I have learned that there is much more to online classes than just teaching.  Organizing the time and managing the workload are skills that teachers must develop.  I especially appreciated the information about technology support for teachers.  Teachers need support too for technical questions.  I  like the idea of the FATQ system for students.

The importance of organization and discipline from the students and the instructor

Sign In to comment