Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There is so much here on how to create a dynamic learning environment for my students! A dynamic syllabus is a great way to build and change the topics/information in real time.  This is a great tool as medicine changes so quickly, especially in a pandemic! The tips to encouraging participation in the discussion boards are also helpful.  Providing extra credit or even a place to discuss without the instructor are innovative and fantastic ideas!

I have not used this option before, but I like the idea of using the discussion boards and the FAQ option to relieve answering multiple students while having the students reply amongst themselves. It promotes the connection between the students that they would get during face to face vs no connection between each while working online.  

Instructional delivery examines the components of a dynamic syllabus, the importance of building an online learning community, effective communication, and scaffolding learning.

Based on prior knowledge, students will have the opportunity build their knowledge because it enhances the experiences they are acquiring through the classes.

The advantages of this virtual teaching style allow students to interact with the teacher as if
I was in the classroom, and students in their homes can live exchanges with the teacher and other students.

A methodical approach to learning via scaffolding information, concepts and techniques promotes group interaction with students and gives mini-assessments and knowledge checks to ensure the objectives to what is being taught is achieved.

Using a variety of online tools can stimulate an online community and foster student success.  I will make sure to include a variety of online interative tools to help conversation and interaction between students to students and students to me.

Good, detailed instructions in the syllabus are the key to good online communication.

I enjoyed reading about scaffolding. This, I must consciously consider my students previous learning and facilitate building.

One thing that stands out to me and a first time 100% online instructor is that communication is key just like in any f2f classroom. With a class that is 100% online, it is important to establish guidelines of communication between instructors and students as well as between students and their peers.

I really like the idea of a dynamic syllabus. I will using this moving forward in the LMS that I am using. This should increase the awareness of time table for assignments, discussion boards, and assesments.

The syllabu and generar framework is key to creating the best learning outcomes in an online course.

A syllabus is a guide. Provides important information on all aspects of the course. It is important to establish the online community and establish the form and resources of communication. This helps effective communication.

A well written, dynamic syllabus is the most important tool I can create. It is the foundation of the course and if not written properly the students will spend more time trying to navigate the course than actually learning the information being provided in the course. 

Again, it seems like every course regardless of subject matter, communication is always important.  From this unit, I particular learned that, depending on your audience, how you communicate is an area that consistantly needs improvement.  The S2S, S2I, I2S, G2G, etc...are some great examples provided to where addressing a certain audience matters on how one shares or critiques a subject.

I never conisder "scaffolding" a mean for building on your skill set, but I will definitely focus on this method when developing my syllabus.

I am continuing to learn how to build a syllabus and utilzing the website tools.  I will encourage the eight step for student scaffolding.

The use of web base tools gives the instructor a much range of material

Scaffolding includes utilyzing previous learning.

Boricua:

Through the use of a dynamic syllabus, effective communication and scaffolding we can achive the goals of our clasees.

On-line tools alone will not make course easy to understand. Syllabus will make easier to use tools n follow throuh the course.

Sign In to comment