Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Feedback is very important to both parties to evolve and succed as a learner and as an educator.

Communication is very important and as an instructor it is important to provide quick responses and reminders throughout the term to ensure the students are maintaining the pace of the class.

Closed loop communcation is important in an online learning enviroment.

great class

I think my main takeaway is creating clear expectations by providing examples of what's expected. Anytime you can eliminate frustration that will enhance the learning process. And from a teaching standpoint, the less complications I have to deal with, the more time I have for teaching and instructing. 

It is very important to learn what is the best approach in teaching students or graduates. There are challenges but if you can eliminate communication can help the process a lot easier.

As a failitator it is vital to keep students engaged, communicate effectiely and provide feedback timely.  

It is important to provide students with feedback so they can access how their performance within the course. 

You may need to be flexible and adjust your methods of communication based on feedback from students as well as by evaluating outcomes.

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment is not a new concept.  This was a way of instruction prior to Covid.  I got my 3rd degree via online learning.  The main thing about online learning is it has to keep the attention of the viewer.  Not like this online learning course that is so boring and ho-hum.  If I did what they do I would loose my students on day one.  Keeping it fresh and non boring is the key.

Being reflective of the course material will allow growth and learning within and outside the classroom.  Being observant of reactions from students can help with managing lessons and delivery of lessons.  

It is important to keep students engaged through relationship building that include listening and timely feedback.  

In an online learning environment, students will take everything sent to them literally.  They cannot see body language or hear tome of voice.  I have to be careful how I provide feedback to make sure my words are not harsh or can be misinterpreted or cause misunderstandings.  Keep an eye on discussions to make sure the integrity of the discussion is not lost in trivial conversations and make sure to draw the conversation back to the topic.

Teaching online is challenging as you don't get to meet your students or know them on a personal level.  Therefore, it's important to engage them and encourage active particpation and communication.

Consistent feedback is important to help students learn and improve their future work. 

Provide clear expectations through the syllabus. Foster learner centeredness, structure problem-based learning and authentic work, and provide informative feedback that is geared toward each individual student. Constant evaluation of the entire course and the specific tasks within the course is essential. Take student feedback/evaluation seriously!

In this module, I have learned the importance address the needs of learners by guiding self-directed, realistic, problem-based learning experience. In my online courses, I will apply structure learning opportunities in which learners make their own meanings by discovering content on their own.

Interactions is most important. Facilitator, with students and students with students interaction should be encouraged for the best outcome from the course.

Shah Rahman

Holistic inclusion in learning is necessary, implementing differentiated instruction as a key tool for engagement and learning in general.

I learned that I must foster a high degree of student participation and interactivity. Find tools and explain to students so that they feel comfortable with technology and achieve the objectives and expectations that I want to teach. Always keep in mind to always review the course.
Sign In to comment