Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The information that I'm teaching has to organizedin using either asynchronized or synchronized classrooms. Without it, it woill be difficult for atuden and faculty to follow

Communication is an important tools for success.

Open communication and Organization are two key components to online teaching.  This will clarify for the students course expectations and time management skills required for a successful outcome.

From this Module my take a way is to ensure if teaching asynchronously, I need to provide more organization to the development of my course.

Organization and consistency are critical to student learning outcomes.

My understanding through the accreditation board was my institution had to use a synchronous format for our online course. I am seeing through this course, that is not necessary. I just have to be creative with how I accurately count time on tatget, for our course in computed by clock hours. 

The course content will determine which method to use. I'll be consistent with my course guidlines to facilitate communication so my teaching will be effective for myself and the students

No matter what you use- synchronous and asynchronous, it is important to organize your content well, communicate with students and make sure that the expectations are clear from the beginning. 

The difference between synchronous and asynchronous online learning

Organization to the online classroom is important for student success. When directions and assignments are clear and proper communication is present students have better outcomes. Clear, concise information equals less confusion and fewer questions when it comes to asynchronous learning.

I learned that I definitely prefer asynchronous learning. One thing that puzzled me was the mention that synchronous learning lead to the illusion that the teacher was available 24/7. The first page of the unit states:

Therefore, the synchronous environment leads to the development of an instructor who seems to be available 24-7. Rules and regulations must be developed to avoid the personification of a 24-7 instructor so that adequate teaching and learning can take place.

It seems to me that this is a downside of asynchronous learning -- not synchronous learning. Setting boundaries -- while still getting back to students in a timely manner -- is key. I know I've had my daughter fuss at me when I've answered my phone during a meal, telling me the student can wait until I finish work. I find myself answering emails or texts at 3 in the morning -- something which I'm sure gives students the impression that I'm at work around the clock.

What does everyone else think? How does the synchronous (vs. the asychronous) learning environment lead to the idea that the instructor is working 24/7?

Nancy Tosh

Both systems will be succesfull if there is organization and communication. 

Getting better understanding of synchronous vs. Asynchronous and how they are different and both provide something beneficial to the student.

Asynchronus or synchronus lesson are both needed to have a well balanced teaching plateform.

Communication is the ultimate key for success whether it its synchronous or asynchronous learning. 

it was very simle

I have learned that choosing the correct method for online teaching is vital in order to keep students engaged  As well as to provide enough information ,choosing the method  will help the students and organization and components are an important part for virtual learning

No matter what teaching methodology is utilized, communication and organization are the keys to student success!

Deciding to deliver your course content synchronous or asynchronous will determine how to best organize and present information to the students. 

Every learning tool can have value, but they must be organized in order to make them easily accessible for the student.

Sign In to comment