Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Without communication between the instructor and the students the course will fail.

Both asynchronous and synchronous learning have their advantages and disadvantages. Communication is essential for effective learning to occur whether online or face-to-face. There is more interaction and engagement with synchronous learning and the educator must be mindful to create activities and technology that foster active learning in the asynchronous environment. 

Organization and communication are the most important aspects of teaching online. I think being available to students to answer questions and help them with difficult topics is also important. 

Using a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities according to the needs of the students, teacher and learning goals is essential to good learning outcomes.

Make sure to set boundaries for when you do synchronous learning so you aren't expected to be available 24/7.

I understood the difference between the two; One is being sincronized with students at a same time eventhoug we are not together physically.  There is a real time and people can see each other on videoconference.  The asyncronous students does his work, watches the videos and tutorials on his own time.  Gives more flexibility, but they have to be compromised with their time and not procastinate.

In most cases, it doesn't matter so much whether a course is delivered synchonously or asynchronously as long as there is guidance to help the student (and instructor) navigate through the course

I have been reminded to effectively communicate the type of learninng platform students will use. I have learned the importance of both attributes, synchronous and asynchronous; and, the importance of establishing guidelines for the improvement of student technology navigation, expectations, and successful course completion.

When teaching an online class, it is important to make sure that the content and materials are organized for the students and the instructor as well.  The online instructor must make sure that there is a pattern in the teaching in both a synchronous and asynchronous classroom.  I feel that both of these topics are important to establish so that the learning outcomes are achieved.

Students need feedback. Student and teacher communication is vital so the teacher knows their teaching strategies are working or not. Change to one's teaching might happen from student and teacher communication.  

For online learning, I am a bigger fan of asynchronous.  I just think it's not fair to try to force everyone in their own homes to a certain schedule.  The beauty of online learning is its flexibility to be done at your own pace.

Organizing the classroom not matter the venue, is a must.

I learned the differences between synchronious and asynchronious learning, the advantages and disadvantages and the requirements of each one.

Consistency and communication are both important in the online learning process.  Just as a teacher would accomodate in the classroom, they must hit all learning styles online as well.

I understand more fully the differences between synchronous and asynchronous delivery methods of teaching, each presenting their advantages and disadvantages.   As I adjust from F2F to virtual teaching, I will need to incorporate more asynchronous teaching methods, and decide when the advantages of using synchronous methods meets the needs of my students.

I have learned that it is important to decide which method synchronous or asynchronous is best for the students. Having organization, communication, and guidelines are essential.

When there is consistency in course design, activities, and teaching style, students learn what is expected of them in any course. 

I have learned wheather we use synchrony vs asynchronic instrutors need to have material organized for class.

Accessibility is a huge factor not only for students in an aysnchronous learning environment, but also for instructors who need to provide discussion and feedback in a timely manner. 

Establishing a Pattern of Teaching really helps students easily navigate different lessons. They get into the habit of checking things first rather than having to relearn new patterns with each lesson. Less frustration for them and less clarification questions from students for the teacher...

Sign In to comment