Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

CThere is no one-size-fits-all methods. Everything  must be evaluated  and placed for maximum  student success.

Although I had implemented synchronous and asynchronous learning, I did not know by these names, now I have had the opportunity to analyze what I was doing and to be able to reinforce my theory.

I particularly enjoy the idea of using both concepts.  Sometime the thought of using one standard concept becomes so focused we loose the idea that people and or student are not available at that time, such as other priorities.

Communication and organization is extremely important in online learning.  Clear expectations need to be communicated to students.

I have learned asynchronous and synchronous methods of delivery are both important. The instructor must decide the most appropriate way to teach in an online environment for his or her subject area. The most important thing is communicating with the students.

There are advantages and disadvantages to synchronous and asynchronous instruction that should be considered in planning instruction.  Developing a pattern of teaching will be helpful to my students and me.

Learn how to be flexible. Some students have no problem completing work on their own while others will need more guidence. 

I learned the advantages and disadvantages of synchronous versus asynchronous learning. I believe that a combination of both is necessary as students need the flexibility to learn whenever they can and the oppertunity to interact with instructors on the spot.

How important communication is when setting your on-line course and knowing and understanding the importance of each tool that is provided for you and also knowing when to use them.

I use both  learning for botin class and online instuction and for the most part i use synchronous learning for both.

It is important to determine and identify the appropriate method of teaching suitable for the student needs (i.e synchronous and asynchronous). The need to develop guidelines for the students and instructors and these guidelines must be explained to the students so that they understand. There is an important need for organization because organization enhances student success. Lastly establish a teaching pattern because it promotes effective student navigation in the online course. 

Front-loading the content of the course seems like a good idea for the motivated student.  Communicating with the student is critical for success.

Making sure teachers and students can use the information is key to successful learning.  Classes can be taught synchrously or asynchronously or even using both methods.  I also realized the importance of the steps of the teaching process.  Just like in face to face teaching, the student must know where they are going in the lessons and see a pattern of delivery.  In my state many students do not have access to high speed internet.

Communicate what works best for the students

Expectations need to be expressed and codified more clearly when working with the asynchronous model.

There is no right answer between synchronous and asynchronous learning.  It is going to depend on the situation.  I am seeing in this class, how important it is to have clear learning outcomes that students are aware of.

I learned that it is important to be completely prepared.  YOu must be organized and 4 steps ahead of the students.  You must comunnicated clearly and thoroughly.  I would personally set deadlines on all assignments whether they are done together or by one's self and hold them accountable even though they can do the assignments at their own pace, they still have to be done within reason.  I would also constantly provide both and make my classes as interesting as possible.  But you also have to have strong control of your learning environment and exude confidence.  You will lose the students if YOU look lost.

1. Organization and communication is extremely important.  Make sure your student are aware of deadlines. You must set rules for your classroom and make sure they are understood. I will use both synchronus and asynchronus, as we use both online virtual classrooms and the students can also do some of the work at their own pace. 

Content delivery is very important and should be appropriate for the course you are teachin. It is important for the students to understand all of the components of the course. Students need to know how to submit assignments and most impotant  the dates and deadlines for all assignments.

Both strategies are good

Sign In to comment