Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learned eatablishing a pattern of teaching is important.

Communication is extremely important when setting up both types of learning environments. 

Asynchronous learning typically provides instructors an opportunity to record training sessions for students, who do not need to schedule a predetermined time to review the information.  Communication is another key to the student's success.  Our distance learning platform is asynchronous. 

I learned asynchronous and synchronous online course content supports learning outcomes. The instructor must decide and apply either venue to support student learning. I intend to apply it in my first online course in order to support the goals and objectives for which I am responsible to teach. 

Whether the class is synchronous or asynchronous or mix of both the information must be organized and presented in a consistent manner so the students know what is expected of them. A well organized class helps the students tremendously then they know what is expected of them.

This section was a strong, well written comparison of synchronous versus asynchronous teaching along with the need to implement strong guidelines for both the instructor and the students to ensure consistency of course delivery by the instructors and to help the students acclimate more quickly and understand what is required or expected of them in a faster, easier and more consistent manner. 

Communication and organization are important when teaching online. Students need to have clear communication and understand how to communicate back. Organization is reqired to help the class run smoothly.

It’s hard to decide between asynchronous or synchronous  all depends how you want to run a virtual classroom would you have more control to be synchronous. Or would students be more at ease with asynchronous which they can learn at there own pace so to say?

I think the importance of a syllabus has been a concept where I have to be more aware of and focus more energy.

In my past hybrid classes I have taught for welding inspection, there was not a clear path on how to proceed through the materials. 

Asynchronus format definitely has an advantage over synchronus with students today.  I do believe synchronus format can also be appropriate at times.

Communication using the correct method is vital, asynchronus and synchronus teaching is important and they both have benefits and downsides to both.

Asynchronous and Synchronous are good methods. It is best to choose a method that is conducive for effective learning for the students. Communication and organization of the course and it's expectactions are essentials for student success.

I appreciated the synchronous guidelines for students during a VC.

I learned it is important to organize the course material and communicate with students regardless of the methods of learning.

What I've learned through the remote learning process is that kids want to do stuff on their own schedule. A weekly scheduled zoom conference works, but the daily expectation to be on at a specific time is not something the kids like. 

Teachers need to be consistent in how they set up their online course. Synchonous meetings can be helpful in controlling the classroom content but is not always realistic because part of the beauty of online learning is that the student can do the work at their own space. 

Synchronous and asynchronous courses have their pros and cons, but regardless of which you use, it's critical to communicate well with students and to be as clear as possible when setting expectations.

Each type will need to be determined by the content that needs to be delivered.  I think anytime you can have actual interaction with students is a positive. Not all content must be done that way as we've found now through the pandemic situation.  Regardless of the method chosen content needs to be well organized and students have a good understanding of what is expected of them.

Communication, as always, is the key. Everyone needs to know the plan. 

I learned the importance of organizing my online course for student success by investigating my learning style and considering the course content. The key factors to consider are important in any classroom and vital to the learning process. I was reminded of the dynamic syllabus. I see my teaching style as blended. Planning the use of my Learning Management System is critical. I plan to provide my students with a dynamic syllabus.

Sign In to comment