Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

While organization is important in both types of environments, it is more dio in an asynchronous environment, where students must be able to work on their own most of the time. 

communication is vital

effective communication is a must 

I was using the discussion board to allow students to post questions and track interaction with the class. I am now going to have two discussion posts. One that is strictly for questions over the material and another that will allow me to ask deeper questions about the content.

After learning about the advantages and disadvantage of synchronous and asynchronous learning, I believe I will set my online classes as asynchronous.  It is too hard to establish times for students to get together at the same time with all of the outside factors being considered.

I have learned a lot from the courses on synchronous and asynchronous learning. I find it necessary to provide both types of approaches with my students. I teach high school math courses and have seen some of my students struggle with asynchronous learning because they may have issues with procrastination. Some of my students need the structure synchronous learning provides while others need asynchronous learning due to personal needs. I find there is a need to provide for both.

I need to take a long hard look at my current teaching practices (largely based on F2F), reflect on what I am now learning about syncronous and asyncronous online learning, and most likely make some significant changes to better facilitate meaningful educational experiences for my high school learners as we move forward in this uncertain world of COVID we find ourselves in. 

As with any learning environment, communication between teachers and students is vital for success. 

Guidelines and the organization of content help develop an effective framework for learning.

Which method is best for providing an online course  synchronous or asynchronous learning?

It depends. There are advantages and disadvantages to both types of learning. Each method should be investigated to see what works best for your particular course.

Do guidelines enhance the synchronous and asynchronous delivery process?

I currently use both, and will continue to do so. 

It seems like it is best to have a mix of both. More importantly stay consistant so students learn what to expect.

I feel for the type of infomation I need to teach students a Synchronous method would be best. That way all students can be on the same page and not have that feeling of teaching themselves. 

Communication is key - mixing synchronous and asynchronous teaching is important

In a synchronous environment, the instructor and students are more involved and engaged in the learning process whereas in an asynchronous environment instructors develop a more organized course so students can truly learn in a hands-off, self-paced learning environment.

Be flexible for synchronized and asynchronous teaching. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Understand when each is most effective.

I would have to say that communication with students in order to support them with their educational needs.

Synchronous and asynchronous ways of teaching both have their importance.  Teaching at a high-school level, I feel that the students need "to touch base" a few times a week or they do not get their stuff done or ask questions.  They need the face to face for sure. 

BEST definition and distinction of synchronous and asynchronous to date!

For most districts, Synchronous learning is more difficult because of equipment needs on both ends. 

Asynchronous allows students to be anywhere with an Internet connection to participated in the course. 

Sign In to comment