Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What I learned most from this course module is the importance of creating my own database and folders with course materials which will save time when developing a new blended course. 

I think the biggest thing I learned was also consistency.  Sometimes I would feel that I would have to change things to keep it interesting but I have to put myself in their shoes and think what a difference consistency could bring.  Reinforcing that thought was a very nice tip. 

During the pandemic I have been teaching all my classes online and have tried to structure them similar to each other.  I never thought about using a database to speed up the process.  I can understand how beneficial it will be for a database as we move more into online eduction.

I plan to use chunking in order to better link the material to the larger concept. 

When developing curricula it is important to maintain a consistent format so that students know what to expect from each module and section.

The importance of being consistant throughout every module is clearly highlighted. 

For the organization of the course, I like to use the Weeks since it is easy for students to see what chapters and assignmetns are due each week.

We can use Edverum as the learning-bjects database and also the McGraw textbooks have Connect and ALEKS as a source of practice questions and virtual activities.

Consistency in the course content tends to allow students to become more comfortable knowing what is expected from them.

I have learned that by organizing course topics by content or by dates can help students in easily finding course contents in the learning management system that schools will use. Using video clips are also helpful in reiforcing learning objectives, and it will be helpful to divide them into segments, so that students will not get bored.

Chunking is a great concept that provides a way to make the information manageable.

In this module i learned that consistency is key for students to learn and retain information 

Make sure the modules contains

1. Lessons

2. Discussions

3. Assesment/Post Assesment

Reply to Gulsebnem Bishop's post: Hi Gulsebnem,

I totally agree with creating formats and templates is always useful to develop automaticity to be able to help and guide the students to capture learning objectives faster.

Templates, learning objects, videos not to be more than 5-10 min long.

I plan to utilize the skills

The strongest message I got from this information is to design a template and keep your class set up the same. This way students know where to find all the informatiom, classes look the same, and its easier to design new courses or add and delete things in the current one.

I learned that being consistant is key, and that although consistancy is important it is best to change things up within the modules so that the students stay interested.

The text formatting, navigation, shapes and colors must be consistent with other modules.  Too much emphasis is no emphasis at all when it comes to using bold and italics. 

Learned how important module consistency is for the students and plan to make more efforts towards this.

Module consistency and chunking of info. 

Sign In to comment