Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keep it clear and consistant; content needs to be easily navigated and understood.

Although some variety is nice, students really do need consistency in an online course. The templates should be similar with similar lengths of the modules. Learning objectives are helpful but should be easy to use and find for the students, also. 

The most important thing I learned was module consitency to make it easier on the students and less stressful in finding information.

The main takeaway for me was the importance of a database of reusable learning objects.  This can be especially useful when teaching sequences of courses that use many of the same techniques.  

Consistency on module to make it more sense to students and get them familiarized with similar course modules. Will analyze LMS prior to design.   

Consistency is imperative when you are setting up a course.  Consistent time requirements, visual affects and language is helpful in providing a stable environment and reassuring the students expectations of the course. It is important to review and change as needed.  Using a shared base of files can help to save time and energy over multiple courses. 

Understanding that the attention span for each student varies and will affect their comprehension of each module. Creating modules for the student by "chunking" assignments and keeping consistency throughout each course will create a balance flow with less stress and chaos for the online learner.  

We have reviewed the importance of utilizing a course framework, testing a course-module template and course module, course-module consistency, the development and use of a learning-objects database and its function.

The development of the module is important because it gives a complete guide of the material to be given. Also, it Is important that the material provided is pertinent to the topic and also the activities and that students are able to find them in the module.

Students have different types of learning and that is why we have to find a way for them to understand the material.  The audios must be clear.  Videos should not be longer than 10 minutes and everything should be concise and accurate. 

Students have different types of learning and that is why we have to find a way for them to understand the material.  The audios must be clear.  Videos should not be longer than 10 minutes and everything should be concise and accurate. 

It is recommended ther is a consistency and continuity in developing a course.  It is also recommended there not be excessie visual aids to overload the learner.

From this module I learned that not just consistency in content but length of time to complete that content is essential for productive learning. 

Consitency is the key!

From this Module I learned about "chunking" which will assist my students in learning and not becoming overwhelmed with information.

One of the important lessons that I got out of this module is to provide information in smaller chunks so as to avoid overwhelming our students.

LMS options based on student learning styles.

This has greatly helped me see the importance of grouping and course consistency. It will help decrease student confusion and stress to maintain course consistency and grouping.

Consistency is key in the creation of a framework. Course modules should be tested and modified as needed. Having a repository where every item is stored saves time.

I like the smaller chunks to keep students engaged. They seem to lose focus and zone out when one object takes too long. I think they retain more in the shorter object areas. 

Sign In to comment