Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

helping the student to identify their learning style is important in helping students to succeed.

I didn't realize that having the same template for each module would help with student learning. I initially thought that variety would help, however now I realize it is better to have consistency so that students don't become easily confused and can concentrate on the course content. 

I learned alot about keeping modules consistent in not only the looks and feel, but also the amount of coursework it contains. I also learned about chunking information to help avid loss of interest in longer single videos. thats a great idea! 

The module consistency is the most important thing I learned to increase students' familiarity to the learning environment and their learning.

Consistency is key! I intend to review and revise my syllabus from a student's perspective to ensure the information is easily understandable. 

Importance of consistency

Maintaining a consistent outlook is important to ensure student understanding of the online environment. Creating modules which have familiarity with each other can make navigating less troublesom

I have learned that when making modules you should be consistant with look and time for modules

chunking is good

I have learned the importance of consistency of format across modules and clarity of content.

I like the definition of chunking, as it reinforces faculty's need to break up complex content into smaller components. I also appreciate the reminder that consistency in lessons, assignments, lectures, etc. helps students organize their studying. 

I learned that it is important to have consistency within modules so that students can locate everything they need easily, and know what is expected of them. 

Create a consistent framework for structuring the course.

Creating course objectives and layout is a starting point.  The use and reuse of these programs help develop a solid library of things that work and things that didn't.  It is important to be able to consistently grow your program.

I hadn't thought much about "chunking" and how making modules of similar duration can be helpful to the students.

I find the idea of a sharable learning object database to have value, since I teach similar courses across multiple universities

modular consistency is important to online instruction as it assures that courses are reliable and consistent from one cohort to another. It also helps an instructor remain organized and simplifies the preoaration process.

Remain consistent.

Module consistency is something we know is important but I personally haven't made consistency a hallmark of my course design. It's easy for me to get distracted and create something with best outcomes in mind, but sometimes the look of it doesn't flow with other components. I'm going to focus much more on overall consistency from this point forward.

Be consistent keeep your modules usable don"t overload the module use seveeral modules of approximately the same length and don't give them too much to do at once and make it understandable try not to get to technical keep it as simple as you can and still get the meaning across

Sign In to comment