Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Consistency is extremely important, keeping the modules looking similar.

Matching the length of modules and applying consistent guidelines are probably more important than I originally thought.  Anything that keeps student's attention and encourages course completion is always a big plus.

I have learner a new aooroach to online teaching

I have always used grouping, but I have not developed or used templates. I think implimenting them will decrease my prep time.

I like to provide detailed images and tables that give a framework to the students about when assignments I due. I find that having a very clear schedule helps to keep them on track. I learned that this kind of framework provides positive reinforcement. 

Consistency is key

It's very important to keep your modules consistent, using a 10 to 14 point text size, an easy to read font style, and use bold and italics to emphasis important information. It's also important to create a Learning-Objects Database (a repository to store files, graphics, audio, video, or any necessary course components that may be used more than once) and maintain it. By maintaining your Learning-Objects Database, it will save you time. You'll be able to find, sort, locate, and upload desired components to use in multiple courses.

Creating a "Learning Objectives Database" will help save time when authoring modules, especially sonce we'll have to stay flexible and continue to tweak templates as we go. 

To be consistent with modules and to look in provided attachments 

I learned that we have to be consistent in our framework and engage our students at the level of their understanding

Modules should all look similar

There was a lot of very good information that I would like to share.

1. Developing a very good course framework does help the students in the learning process

2. Al course modules should have the same look for course continuity

It is clear to me that course consistency is very important to have a good learning experience for the student and the instructor.

I learned to organize learning objects into the lesson planning to enhance the learning process. I also learned to be consistent with how I choose to organize my teaching plans across all classes to better student understanding. 

Consistency in instruction is a good way to help students learn.

Continuity is important.

Consistency in course design helps students become familiar and comfortable with the lesson marterial.  Creating a learning-objects database can greatly help save the developer time in creating new courseware.

Having a learning-objects database of  files, graphics, audio, video, or any necessary course component that may be used more than once in a course or in a variety of courses is such a great idea.  I guess I have this started but should spend some time organizing and building on it.   

I have begun to create content that introduces ideas prior to a primary instruction of that topic but I also like the possibility of creating content that provides remedial learning of ideas. The benefit of smaller segments of content that reinforce definitely has the opportunity to improve student learning as well. 

I see the importance of understanding your students knowledge base and learning needs. Consistency in time and template will keep the students from becoming anxious or unfamilar with navigating the system.

Sign In to comment