Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Consistency in formats, fonts, and even color of font used is very important in helping students learn what you want them to learn. I have developed courses for in person/face to face delivery and I learned in the past that it was also true for those courses. Some of these principles have already been used by the instructional department at my university. Our learning management system has been set up to facilitate this kind of consistency in the overall course map so it is easier to plan our courses around the basic template. I plan to start a Learning Objects folder to keep some of the materials that I have developed for a course that I just completed revising.

Consistency is crucial! I'm planning on communicating as much as possible with my team in order to deliver the context with a nice flow for the students.

When developing a framework keep in mind the over - all goals and expectations you have for your students. As the instructor, be mindful of non - verbal cues. My plans are to be consistent in my formating of new modules and to gain outside critique of the delivery and operation of the content.

Consistency is very important. I like to communicate as much as possible with my team in order to deliver the context with a nice flow for the students.

I like lesson plans set week by week. I also agree that my biggest take home point was being consistent with courses. This keeps things simple and less stressful. 

Being able to be consistent in authoring a course makes things easier for yourself as an instructor and for the students as well in terms of ease of navigation. Without consistency, students can get lost along the way or struggle with picking up important topics during the course. 

Consistency seems to be a huge factor when designing online learning courses.

I feel using consistent language/formatting with modules is the big take away I got from this approach. 

I have learned taht building a library of objective - learning material (common learning outcomes) can help to save time when designing a course and help maintin consistent learning outcomes from one course to the next. 

The thing I learned the most out of this part of the class was how to design my templates to be consistent and with clarity to help students understand what they are supposed to do while keeping them engaged.

Consistency is key to ensuring student success.

The biggest take away I learned from this section was consistency in how material is presented, such as in using certain colors or fonts to highlight ideas. I also learned about attention span for different modalities of learning such as videos. 

Consistency, Consistency, Consistency 

To assist students in being confident in finding resources, assigments and general tools of the program. 

This section taught me the importance of consistency in online course structure.

A learning-objects database is a repository to store files, graphics, audio, video, has made updating and editing assignments much easier. It also allows me to share with other instructors. 

We already have an institutional template that we use.  I have also tried incorporating the same types of assignments from course to course to allow students to build a repertoire of study tools to utilize for their certification exam they will need to pass upon completion of the program. 

"It is essential to document what issues were reported in the first testing session and make sure they were not reported in the second testing session."

This goes with more than just testing. It's absolutely ongoing. Being able to teach more than one class a day, I can take what students either picked up or didn't, and apply more or less to the next class, and even retouch on what the class the night before learned that the morning class may have missed out on the next time I meet with the morning class.

Developing an Effective Online Course will take planning, revision and flexibility. It will be important to allow time for trial and error to work out the kinks. 

It is important to have consistency with online learning for students.  Other things to cosider for online format are the types and length of videos, font, size, and limiting the use of italics.

Consistancy.  Being consistant in modules from course to course will alleviate stress and anxiety of students.  Also, "chunking" will make items easier to locate for both instructor and students.

Sign In to comment