Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Good and consistent communication with the student is important. Creating a document management system is important for the instructor so information can be recalled instantaneously. 

I have learned that there are different types of students and different approaches to effectively handling challenging behaviors from each.  Generally, proactive communication with students can mitigate problematic behaviors.  I plan to openly and effectively communicate with all of my students to promote student success. 

I learned to make sure that the e-learning environment  require more follow up and tips to be successful in ths environment. 

I really like the idea of a survey to determine a student's competency with just the technology of online courses.

This module addressed the issues of students who have conflict (personal or due to  their personality).  These are the most challenging students because you have to assist them to stay motivated and be focused.  Communication and getting to know them is key, it might be challenging in an online platform in comparison to face-to-face, but this can be done.  Guidance for these students is important so they do not loose site of what their goals are.  Learning conflict management and the policies of your institution are also important.

Seems it is difficult to keep students from wanting to leave classes taught in E-leaning.  Face to face learning and support will always be more important.

In areas of conflict, it is important to review the institution's policies to make sure your actions are in line with the policies.

Follow institutional policies and procedures for guidelines in handling conflict.

A good reminder from this section was that students will still come with their various learning styles and behaviors regardless of the fact that it is a virtual setting.

I learned how to deal with intimidation learners.  I think the information on how to deal with them is spot on.   

Be aware of different types of students and let them know that you will support them to be successful.

Good Communication is the best way to the online courses, 

Depending on your school size and funds will determine how good or well your on line platform works for students.  So this will actully influence students to either enjoy or loose interest in you subject area.

It is good practice to remain in continuous communication with your students. Also, being responsive to student emails. 

I learned how procrastination is more prevalent in online learning and that outside forces plays an important part in this detrimental habit.

I learned that their are different types of students, some in whicch may try to intruput the learning environment. Instructors must email them privately and establish rules and expectations.

Email communication is used frequestly in online learning environments. It is best to keep confidential information private. 

consistency in communication whether it is online or on-ground. It is important to respond to students within 24 hours and to be careful of what information is shared publicall

Good communication is imperative to provide an e learning enivornment for the student.  

I learned how important it is to have a simple and effective way to keep records whether dealing with assignments, chats or emails. I learned with communication management that classifying my emails may assist with time management and I should always respond to personal messages in a private way. Additionally, I learned that an email is an effective way for counseling but it is important to avoid promising immediate responses. In addition, I learned about the different behavior management  such as quiet, noisy, disruptive and intimidator.

Sign In to comment