Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In this module, I have learned: (a) Keeping course records, (b) communicating with students, (c) counseling students, (d) dealing with undesirable behavior, (e) resolving student conflicts and (f) minimizing student attrition. The topics that I will apply for future trainings to profesors will be: dealing with undesirable behavior and resolving student conflicts.  

As an online intructor it is ver important to manage the learning enviroment in a good way, identifying conducts and manage them with the correct strategies.

In this module I've learned about different situations that can ocure while teaching an online course, and how to deal with them in an asertive way. 

studnets may be doistracted by outside variables, thus individuall attention to all stusdents are a necessary component to success

The most meaningful definition of leadership is taking care of the poeple in your charge.   You must be able to adapt to help everyone and encourage them into believeing they can be successful. 

Clear communcation through email ramps up learning.

Managing Online behavior is especailly challeging due to personal behavoirs and personalities. To me, this has always been the biggest challenge for me. The bigger the class, the more personalities and potential confliects may happen. The topics covered here really help me focus on how to recognize and resolve these issues before they get out of control. I'm really grateful for this course.

I think I will be more aware of conduct and interaction between students. 

The type of learners was verry insightful to help rewcognize what types there are so that you can come up with an effective method to manage it to help benefit the student, keep it from interfering with other learners, as well as making sure it does not over take the instructor as weel.

I learned the differents behaviors that will have the students.  I will teach different ways to manage their behaviors to learn. 

In an online education environment, there must be clear deadlines, teacher monitoring and a tracking system that supports the student.

I learned that having good communication between yourself and the students is crucial for student success in an online course. it can be easy for students to procrastinate even if they don't usually procrastinate. That is why it is important to always post announcements and reminders about due dates and to make sure you are always checking in with your students.

I have learned that there are different types of online students. The quiet student, the noisy students, the procrastinators and the intimidating students. As an instructor I will be more mindful to recognize these kinds of students and be aware so that I will be able to deal with these students appropriately.

Learned how to spot different learning styles and how to address and handle them

There are different types of behaviors amoung e-learning students including: noisy, quiet, disruptors, intimidators, and procrastinators. 

The importance of keeping records of all communications for whatever reason it has occured.  Follow institutional gudelines for all intreactions and make sure students do the same.  Send reminders to students that dont get it the first time and be supportive in following the rules.

Students tend to procrastinate in the online learing process. I learned to keep then engaged and reminding the student of the discussions panels.  it is important to keep them enagaged.

Some guidelines for managing counseling via e-mail are:

Inform learners that, depending on the nature of their inquiry, you may assign someone else to provide an answer.

Avoid promising immediate responses; however, try to maintain, as a minimum, a 24-hour turnaround time. Some inquiries may require shorter turnaround times. Use your discretion.

Provide learners with a list of the types of inquiry to which you are authorized to respond.

We have an important role in keeping the students focused on the lecture as they my be distracted and or leave the arena for various reasons.

Online learners needs support.  They can feel allienated due to student work load, personal obligations and poor technichal skills.  When they feel allieanated, they may drop and attrition will increase.

Sign In to comment