Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files
  • Keeping  course records.
  • Communicating  with students.
  • Counseling  students.
  • Dealing  with undesirable behavior.
  • Resolving  student conflicts.
  • Minimizing  student attrition

Very helful knowledge.

e-learning can be intimidating for some students. Comunication, once again, can make the studetnt achieve their goals.

There are challenges that all learners face whether they are in person or online. The information on managing the challenging behaviors and redirecting the students to make the most of their online learning plan is beneficial in dealing with the potential fall out if the out of sync traits are not addressed. 

Use email carefully and respond to students promptly.

It was especially helpful to learn to identifiy and intervene with attrition. This happens all too often in online learning programs and the tips provided were very helpful .

In this module I learned how to minimize attrition in on e-learning community.  Due to feeling of alienation, over workload, competing responsibilities and technical issues, an online learner may suddenly decide to drop out.  As an online educator, we are responsible for helping students how to manage their time and provide interem guidance.

I've also learned several behavioral management for asynchronous learners similar to synchronous classroom. I can deal with the procrastinators but the disruptive and the intimidators are the ones that are the most challenging for me to manage because it is difficult to modify behaviors that has been instilled in their persornalities. 

Learn the different ways students try to maniulate the system and ways to address the issues

Relized the different types of learners, how they behave, repsond, contirubute to discussion

Unfortunately some students reponds better to email or text.  Some do not like the persoanl contact, which does make it much harder and more time consuming

Comminicate effectively and timely to resolve and de-escalate student conflicts. 

I learned about record keeping of information from each students and using emails for communication ; managing emails is among the instructor's responsibilities. e learning has so much room for procrastination as there is no pressure to study at a specific time; information technlogy can be challengig to some students. The learners need to know that the instructor can help or seek hellp frpm  the institution IT support.

In my experience teaching online I have encountered very few disruptive students.

Having and disseminating the Tech support phone number and contact email is essential for all students. Reminding them that sample quizzes need to be take to rule out any straight forward issues that can be addressed before the actual quiz is taken. 

Just as there are students that present disruptive behavior in an in-person classroom, you will also have students that will present disruptive behaviors in the online learning environment. It is important to know your school's policies and procedures for handling these students to ensure the disruption stays at a minimum.

Paying close attention to early signs of behavioral issues can help with retention. 

This module is very helpful and up to date. Some of the important subjects discussed here can be applied in an institution as part of mentoring employees as well. 

Again, I was intrigued by different learing behaviors; it was very helpful to read about at least a few strategies to manage those behaviors.

There are many reasons students may need to exit from a program or course. Early, frequent communication is helpful is assiting students.

I find email to be one of the most effective mediums of exchange since it provides a documented resource to confirm what was said by each party and reduces misunderstandings after the fact of who said what.

procrastination is easier to engage in when the coursework is self-directed, so it is important to be in constant communication with students who appear to procrastinate/ not participate.

Sign In to comment