Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Monitoring the participation during e-learning may be difficult to manage, so developing relationships will aid in the e-learning process

I learned about the many challenges which can be presented by different types of students. Effective communication can help keep most of the challenges from getting too big.

Good point- excessive workload is quite common in situations in which learners pursue career education programs while engaged in full-time employment. Some learners may underestimate the time and effort required to complete the online course they have selected.

Working to resolve conflicts is definately a short coming I will address.

The importance of consistency in communication whether it is online or on-ground. It is important to respond to students within 24 hours and to be careful of what information is shared publically to the course in genral or privately to the online students. Additionally, email in the online LMS becomes the student perferred communication tool. 

What I've learned is that we have various types of personalities. It's important to know how to identify and work with those personalities. It's also important to document any conversation I have with the student in case things could escalte for any matter. Having records on file will be a great help for me and my supervisors.

understanding the students need and difficulties is very important. There should be good desire to help them and bring their attention to the course is the prime things for online course.

Effective communication will help with attrition in online courses. Establishing online policies will assist in online classroom management.  

The identification of the different types of learners will assist in identifying potential issues.

There are many types of learners in the online environment. It behooves faculty to become abreast of the information. The information may be used to improve behavior in the online environment before issues arise.

Learn how to focus , identify the self learning method. 

Educate students there are different ways to learn but find the one which you feel comfortable and be consistent 

This module was very helpful identifying and providing ideas and strategies to address conflict and other disruptive on line behaviors. It is easier to identify while face to face I have learned that you need to do what you can to decrease the attrition rate and offer support as needed.

online learning requires organization! I intend to review how my records are kept.

Administering a pre-course survey to identify potential problems that could contribute to attrition is a great best practice I learned in this module. I also liked the  way we can anticipate potential problems by clearly communicating course expectations to the students and how we can continue to motivate students and encourage them to stay engaged in their  online course learning process.

That many students drop from online courses for technical difficulties. We can facilitate the use of technical support to help student.

Good communication is essential in the online classroom. 

Managing conflict is key to having a productive, online experience. I'll build on my institution's existing policies. I recognize that i need to learn more about how to efrfectively manage my students in an online class. In this regard, Module 4 provided some very helpful tips.

Keeping the lines of communication open with all students is key to successful students & teachers.  In an online environment, communication can take place in many ways.  Use all of them and make the students feel supported! 

This module discussed effective listening techniques.

There are several different types of e-learners. In my experience, this is true, especially if we as instructors are present in the classroom. E-learners behavior similarly such in traditional settings and should be handled with institutional policies and procedures to remove conflicts. 

Kindly,
Amy

BEING ABLE  ADDRESS DIFFERENT STUDENTS KEEPING LARGE AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION COMING FROM STUDENTS.

HAVING DEDICATED AREAS FOR STUDENTS TO POST QUESTIONS

Sign In to comment