Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Use asynchronous discussions to eencourage all students to provide input and perspectives, and use this to help each other learn. 

Knowing the learning styles and how students learn really opened my eyes in how to produce feeback

That the way feedback is worded is important. I found the diffent learner categorys interesting.

I found it interesting that allowing time for small talk during synchronous discussions is acceptable as it builds community. This seems like a good idea but will depend on the online platform used. Sometimes with online discussions, too many trying to talk can become chaotic. There are a number of good points in the unit/module on how to manage online discussions. Providing feedback with encouragement is important while suggesting change. I am always working to make my comments be positive and not critical. 

One thing I found surprising was to place more emphasis on asynchronous discussions than on synchronous to teach critical course content. I felt like I needed more synchronous to teach more, but I am comforted that my asynchronous discussions are so important.   The other thing is preparing the student in advance for synchronous discussions.  I feel that our synchronous sessions are always rushed by trying to finish the lecture for them.  I will discuss with my teaching peers how we can fit this into our model. 

I learned that participation in discussion forums is important, not just student particpation but also the instructor.

The presence of the teacher and the care to establish continuous communication is an aspect that must be taken care of every day to guarantee the teaching-learning process

The work that the teacher must do is essential so that his students and group feel comfortable in participating and learning the academic objectives.

its been interesting learning the asynchronous and synchronous differences and how to approch them differently

Good to learn about the sycnchronouse and asychronus learning and contacting the students in differnt ways to motive learning to increase their confidence and participation.

It is imperative to keep students engaged. Active learning via discusion boards, creative power points etc. can help keep students interested and more focused. 

We need to keep the discussion board active and encourage student to participate.

I found it very interesting to see the characteristics of online learning styles - avoidant, competitive and dependent. I learned the difference between asynchronous and synchronous and how to managed them during the online classes.

Nakeisha 

In this module we learned about synchronous vs asynchonous discussions.  It is important to engage students to ensure student participation and how to keep discussions upbeat and active.  All great information!

I leraned the importance of keeping your students engaged in an online leraning environment. 

keeping the discussion board active and engaging will keep the attention of the students. 

In "Engaging Learners" module, we learned the difference between asynchronous and synchronous discussions.  I learned the types of situations in which asynchronous discussions would be more effective, and vice versa.  Also learned about how to give online feedback, and about fostering effective online discussions for different types of students.

The distinction between asynchronized and synchronized communication was helpful. Short, sweet, and to the point would be my online style; nevertheless a sentence or two of small talk to start and end does establish more of a caring nature and not just business.

Learning advantages and disadvantages of synchronous and asynchronous meetings and how is important to improve your knowledge in an interactive online instruction.

Instructors have to account for learnung styles when buildin instruction. And, small talk has a place in instruction.

Sign In to comment