Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A video is most memorable way to post your biography to students. It's important to understand your students as well. 

Establishig relationships was a good topic to learn. I do well with connecting with students, but this term I am learning to dig deeper as I have been using Yellowdig. Some ways to do that are to create other discussion board topics not solely related to the weekly topic. Covering topics that have students engage and give personal experiences is one way to really allow students engage. 

Professor presence lets students know faculty support is readily available.

It is very important to get to know your student's on an academic level. I like to know about their past learning experience and why they choose to attend the course. Having this information is useful if the student needs a pep talk. I will also have a good idea of the challenges they may face in the course.

I learned that online you must how to influence, persuade, inspire and energize. I also learned that the first assignement should be a short biology of themselves.

Students need to know some basic information about the instructor, as well as each other.

This module provides the instructor with techniques to project their presence to the learner to reassure them they have the support of the instructor.  Also, recommendations for demonstration an instructors qualification and authority to teach the course. 

I have learned how important it is to be sensitive to the students' needs and be empathetic with students through this process. 

I use my professional background to engage with students by showing them what they can become.

The distance-education component makes it even more important to make sure that students know that they are being taught by an experienced, competent instructor.  To that end, a detailed bio, which includes professonal experience, education, and achievements, is vital to gaining their confidence.

Writing a biography for yourself will give the students a glimps into who you are. Having the students do the same thing allows the instructor to know a little about the student as well

I learned that I need to make a bigger effort to create a relationship with the students during online instruction.

One of the most effective ways to begin building an e-learning community is to ask students to post a short biography of themselves.  This is very helpful for both faculty and student.

It is necessary to make a connection with the students just as you would with inperson learning. Setting goals and parameters for the course is essential.

Students need support. Projecting your presences shows students your engagement with the course content and their learning. This is vital especially in an online setting.

I like the part about students sharing their biography's.  I am going to use that.

I learned how to break the ice and get a conversation started. I think it's a great idea to have students also talk or write a biography of themselves to get to know each other. 

Know each students need, study everything about each students that should includes some personal staff too. be familiar with their difficulties and also know their strength academically.

Take the time and energy to get to know your students on a personal level while respecting their privacy and learning needs. 

It is important to respect the students, knowing them and guide them to be successful students. Get to know them and understanding their families why are they having the difficulty , help them to learn and be a good respectable independent nurses 

Sign In to comment