Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned how important it is to make sure you are projecting your self in a way that the students will respect you and your knowledge. Being open and developing relationships over the virtual platform is also very important. Creating an environment that you are getting to know each student and trying to allow them to connect with each other if they happen to be in  close distance to meet face to face

By projecting my presence as an instructor in an online course, I send the message of my support to my students learning and encourages their motivation. Motivation and their self-efficacy translates to their continued interest and engagement. Their engagement ensures all tasks are completed and feeds their learning and academic achievement by successful completion of the tasks and course.

inviting students to post a detailed biography.  to send each student a personlized message early in the course and to share my biography in a thoughtfu and creative way.

most of these things I currently do, other than send each student a personal email at the end of week 1.

I already make the students do an introduction. This helps me learn about their background and home life. It also gives me a chance to exchange in common conversation.

The student bios is a great idea. Where I currently teach, the courses are compact and last for only six weeks. Its hard to establish a comfortable and safe atmosphere for discussion. I think the student bio will help facilitate class discussion. I'll use it in the next session.

I learned that you do not need to dominate an online discussion to make your presence known in an oline format. You can remind students of your presecence by posting announcements , office hours and assignment deadlines.

It is important to project your presence in the classroom using discussions, feedback, and live sessions for students. 

An online environment can be just as fun as a classroom setting as long as you use creative ways to engage your students.  Narratives aren't always as easy to understand but probing students for more information can really clear things up. 

Performing ice breakers and a "get to know you session" is a good habit when beginning courses. Also, informing the students of the expectation as well as syllabus on the first day is very helpful to the students as well.

Introductory posts are an effective way to get instructors and students to interact with one another in an informative way that helps the learning process. I have realized many helpful hints about my students regarding their needs and past academic experiences through introductory posts.

Kindly,
Amy

Hello All,

This module has reinforced 15 years of online teaching:  Discussion groups, especially a community discussion where students and instructors can interact as regular human beings is important.  It can replace online what we miss from in-house:  chatting with students before and after class, sharing a life moment in class, waving across campus etc.

The importance of managing your class, establising authority with professional credentials

In this module I have learned strategies to support and create sucessfull learning experiences for students. I will apply synchronous

and asynchronous methods to achive a effective relationship with students.  

It is very important to prepare ourselves professionally and mentally to give and demostrate the skills needed to give the course.

Ive learnd about the importance to connect with the students and interact with them in a significant and timley manner. It's important to make them relay with us trough exerience and professionalism, and to be available troughout the course. 

In this module I learned in the development of how to interact synchronously and asynchronously with the students. examine how I present myself to my students and how to get them to engage with my responses and engage in conversation on a particular topic.

I lesrned hoe to effectively learn about the studnets individually. This uldsa conneection

A simply biography can help students understand your credentials.  Giveing them a pic and bio can help them assimilate you into their learning core.  Letting them know about you (hobbies, interests, inc) can act as an ice breaker and lead to the development of trust. respect and security necessary to facilitate a wonderful on line eexperience.   

Everything I bring to the table, from academics to training to experience is important.

Sign In to comment