Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Projecting a Presence online means initiating and leading a class or discussion, but not dominating it. Moderating a discussion, but making sure it does not get out-of-hand,  is very important.  This takes a lot of practice and timing.

The importance of connecting with faculty. 

You must project a manner that is both authority and warm and opening as to not exclude anyone. Academic credentials are important but how you interact with your students determines your relationship.

I learned that just the same as with anything that you are using to benefit you, you want to have confidence in that thing and what qualifies it to be used for your benefit. As an instructor we have to make sure the students are confident in our abilities to instruct them and impart our knowledge on them.

In my experience educating, the most effective way to achieve credibility and respect with students is by being simple, clear, deep, facilitating and demonstrating experiences through the teaching of skills.

I learned that even in an online course, it is still important to get to know your students. It is always great to introduce yourself to your students because this helps make you a bit more approachable whenever students need extra help.

I like the idea of having the students give a background of themselves, their interests and their goals via the learning resource platform.  It keeps a written record which allows students to refer to a persons goals at a later date while findong similarities among peer groups.

I learned of how the student develops before the world of technology that is directed to studies in different specialties.

I"ve learned how to influence my presence as a online instructor and to make myself relatable and available.

As online intrustors traditional classroom strategies are still utilized. Instructors must know how to influence, persuade, inspire, and energize their students just as they would in a traditional classroom setting.

I have integrated my bio, as well as video clips and audio files. Every announcement includes an image to engage student interest.

The module clearly shows what the expectations of students are and how instructors can be prepared and responsive to meet the expectations.

I learned that it is important to allow students to know somehting aobut you and to get to know them.  The learing depends on how comfortable they are with you.

Instructor should share their biography with students

Create a biography of yourself to establish connections with the class, set office hours virtually. As first assignment have students set up a little biography of themselves, include this must be complete at th end of class. This allows student to get to know one another through distance learning.

Relationship between the student and the instructor is essential for fostering a healthy learning enviroment.

Developing a great relationship with the sudents is extemly important.  Look at thier bio, send them welcome notes the day of class and the 1st week of class.  let them see your precence, authority and that you want to have a relationship with them.

The introduction suggestions were amazing! Having each student do their own bio in a discussion forum is an excellent tool to get your classroom community engaged.

Letting your students know who you are  is important to build a sense of trust between students and instructor.

It is important to build a learning community where questions are encouraged. The instructor should be responsive to students questions and provide timely and meaningful feedback.

Sign In to comment