Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Support of the student creates satisfaction for the student.  Instructors should use different resources to ensure the students are comfortable with online training environment and what is expected of them.

I will definitely make sure to go through the student orientation course to see what the students are taught about the course management system before they get to my course.  I will also make sure ahead of time who to contact if there are any technical issues.

Course content and online skills are both important in the virtual learning world.

Preparation is different but just as important in an online classroom.

Active listening and communication is key.

Online instructors should review thier contract to ensure that they are aware of the expectations of their role.  They should ensure that theqy have the appropriate software and hardware.  They also need to familiarize themselves with the navigation of the LMS so that they are able to function and direct students in their navigation in the course.

To create an on line learning program a COURSE Managment System must be available. The instructor should contol and master the program which should be divided into modules, and lessons. 

I think that it is important we relay as much information as we can to the online students, and be available for them when they need extra help, etc. 

The content structure is the key to helping your students succeed. Utilizing your programs CMS is very impotant. 

Making sure I put myself in the shoes of the learner so I can see what they see and prevent problems before they come in contact with learner.

It is extremely important to understand your curriculum (subject matter expertise), but also how to teach what you know in a format that is understandable to learners.  Instructors will have their unique teaching styles and it is  beneficial to learn from one another to enhance one's own teaching.

Basic information

It is important to understand the different techniques used for online learning and to review these techniques.

I learned it is vital to really familiarize myself with the learning platform 

I concur with hosting orientation prior to the start of the course to get students all the tools and resources to succeed. Giving students all the tools for success helps them build their foundation to success. 

The instructor must be comfortable using the CMS in order to be most effective. Training is important for both instructors and students. As an online instructor, prompt technical support is valued.

Honestly, most of this content was already known to me since I have been using multiple platforms to deliver online content.  It was nice to see it organized in this way to remind me the importance of each item.  The thing I struggle with the most at the beginning of a term is since I usually have first-time students is helping them with the technology component of the course.  Everyone has different types of technology and often I need to help students individually to find a way that works for them.  Sometimes I have to provide students with multiple learning file formats to facilitate their success. 

Hello fellow teachers, the main thing I took away from the modules, is that an online class should be organized and structured in a way that students can easily navigate around. 

I plan to be prepared when communicating and use the appropriate form of communication.  I will be more aware of my body language and my tone of voice.  

As a campus administrator I am responsible for the delivery of online learning and this course has excellent infomation that I will have to know in order to adequately supervise online faculty. 

Sign In to comment