Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have worked with many different LMS.  But the common ingredient is caring.  My view.

It is critical to be familiar with the course structure and all learning components within it. Going forward, I will survey and study a new course before teaching it, ensuring my technology can manage and operate it, I am familiar with the content and how it is to be delivered, and that I know how the discussions, activities and grade book work. This way, I can be confident in teaching the course and ensure I can help my learners through any challenges they may encounter.

In order to provide a complete and clear e-learning experience for students, content should be readily accessible and outlined from the beginning. This is something that has helped me in my own online learning experiences. It also gives students a sense of autonomy, having the ability to work through content at their own pace. It really resonated with me that content retention is positively impacted by student effort.

Anticipating and/or removing technical challenges can enhance barriers to learning. Investing time to learn new tools and techniques is necessary. 

I learned that the most common course structure involves modules and lessons. All online content is built through modules.

Need to be organized and give consisitent and fast feedback

This Intro gave me food for thought. I had not thought about the timing of quizzes or other assessments.  I can't expect every student to be on the same page, yet for my courses, I envision a sequential pathway. 

My main takeaway from this first information is the importance of familiarizing your self with course content and processes.

I learned that there is a lot more to online course delivery than I realized (although I was not teaching online recently). However, what struck a chord with me was that whether online or in person, retention levels are correlated to the amount of effort from the student. I see that a lot with my students; those that put in the effort will learn the concept. Also, the other concept was that if students are actively engaged in the learning process, their learning outcome is higher. Again, some students would rather sit back and not take part in lessons...leading to them struggling with the lesson or concept being taught.

Even though not every student learns the same way, each will have to conform to the online environment.  The instructor must be prepared to help them navigate through the system and understand the expectations.

This module introduced and explained the importance of a well planned out Course Managment System, and support infastructure. To have a succesful experience teaching online requires several factors, although without a foundation based on a well oraganized e-learning enviroment it will not be effective. The information from this module will provide me with the tools to build successful and effective relationships with each learner.

I have learned that there are several aspects of the course that the instructor must be aware of and plan for.  It is not good enough to know that content, the instructor must also know the course structure, the Course Management System, and how to obtain technical support in a timely manner. 

I think that in an e-learning environment to ensure the success of our students it is imperative that we perform our goals and responsibilities of:Turnaround times for student inquiries, Deadline for submitting final grades, Conditions under which you can grant extensions, Policies governing plagiarism, and Number of virtual office hours you are required to maintain to the best of our abilities

Definitely feel that's online learning needs to be supported by instructors, and feel comfrotable that we are there for them. 

Definitely, students need to feel supported technilogically and personally by instructors.  I also need technilogical support back up as I am challenged in some ways technilogically for helping students when system not set up to meet students requirements.

Ensure communication with all students. Grade in a timely manner. Offer hours outside of the course

for students struggling with content or work load. 

It will be important to know how to operate the LMS, to be a successful on-line instructor.

While instructors may have different teaching methods, it is highly important that you all share the same goals in place for all students. 

I appreciated having a full understanding of what my role is as an online instructor.  Being thrust into online teaching/learning during the fourth quarter was difficult on everyone.  My school district has reevaluated what worked and did not and, thankfully, we will be using a differerent CMS this year.

Basically just common sense stuff. Knowing all aspects of what you are doing will make E-Learning successful for yourself and your students. 

Sign In to comment