Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I plan to learn a few more skills in my LMS (like how to delete discussion posts and how to generate an activity report). 

I find using Google classroom for assignments great in that I can assign the task and it will automatically grade the students work. 

It is important to be familiar with the course contents I'm taking in order to teach my students virtually online.  It is very important to understand the course guidelines, format, and standards in order to impart this same knowledge to my students.

I will need to become more familiar with Microsoft Teams.  I will also need to be able to provide more interactive work instead of just passive assignments for each student. In order for students to be successful and stay on task, I will also need to be able to provide assistance with technical issues they may have.

I used a online module for the first time last month. I didn't preview it and I had many questions about the module that I couldn't answer. Won't do that again.

Teaching online requires us teachers to learn the system we are using as well as learning how to do and delete certain things from the system to better assist us.

The aspect of becoming familiar with the course delivery techniques and strategies. Althought it seems so obvious it's something that I have over looked in the past. Just having the identified items below will be a great starting point for a checklist for future online courses. 

• What is the manner in which the content is delivered?
  • What instructional, media, presentation, and display strategies are used?
  • Can students gain access to all of the content from Day One?
  • Do they have to study the content in a specified order?
  • If completion of the content is linear, are students locked into a specific time-frame within which to complete a particular component, for example a module? If not, are you required to provide feedback on content from another module which has a different time-frame? 
  • Can students gain access to the quizzes and examinations at any time or are these assessment measures released at a specific time? Are they timed? 
  • Are students allowed repeated attempts at quizzes? If they are allowed repeated attempts, do they receive the same questions with each attempt, or do they receive a parallel version of the quiz? 
  • Are quiz questions equally weighted or do some questions have higher points assigned to them? 
  • Are you responsible for unlocking course content? (If yes, create a time-table in which you note the points at which you have to do so.) 
  • Can students post contributions to all discussion questions throughout the duration of the course, or is there a specified time beyond which they cannot post to a particular discussion forum?
  • What are the roles and responsibilities of any guest lecturers?
  • Are there any notes the course author has provided to support the delivery of the course? (Remember to seek clarification on any aspect of the course from the course author, if necessary.)

It is important to be sure the content is structured and delivered in an organized way.  I also learned how important it is ot be able to communicate with the students and for them to feel supported.

I have learned how to structure an online course so it manageable on the teacher side while still being engaging enough for students to want to continue.  It is important that students are actively engaged in the class to increase learning. 

E-learning is fast becoming the norm for developing education and having a good program for learning will keep the attaention and comittment of the student. Understanding context and keeping contact with the students will go a long way.

This is clearly different from "online lecturing".  Most math online information I have seen is simply lecturing.  Some times it takes an hour to deliver one concept, and there is no online exercise or test to take after it is over.  I hope that this environment will help those students who are tactile learners.  

Understand on line platform. Active learning.

Understand how to use the online platform

There is a long list of checks that an instructotr shoulfd review. It is a like a cockpit check. 

Based on the information obtain thus far, I have gained that online students have a greater learning outcome when they know how to use the CMS and course information is readily available. 

To make sure that I know how to use all the tools offered in CMS .  

A course has structural integrity to the extent that its content is segmented and sequenced into coherent sections based on a rational framework.

I've learned that it is important to be more than just the SME. As an Adjunct, I need to become expert in the teaching apparatuses and processes.

For student success with e-learning, as an instructor you have to be fully aware of your systems and the order in which your student will learn to ensure a positive learning environment.

To be a teacher, a real educator, one must be empathic and fully commited to the students.

Sign In to comment