Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned way's to organize my classes especially if I teach them often.

I learned ways to avoid being disorganized in order to focus on the task at hand. Set a certain time of day to check emails instead of checking them as they come in so that you can focus on one task at a time

I have no stress, because I prepare for each class the day/week/month before.

Staying organized!!

This module is a good reminder that we do not need to reinvent the wheel regarding grading and other classroom tasks. I like that the module encourages online aspects to help with grading and allow for more time on other tasks. I currently have all my quizzes online but use lab assessments in person. This significantly reduces the time I spend in front of my computer. This is just one tool I use to help manage my time.

This is assisted me by reinforcing time management and the cause/effect of it.

Yes - better organization and planning is always an extremely effective approach - but you still need to be afforded enough time to execute this approach - not an ever ending addtional tasking with never any previous tasks removed.

This approach appears to be counter-productive 

Organize the space you are in and it will help organize your process.

• Priorities = Time Management.

Priorities define time management. Being an instructor/teacher might appear to some as an occupation, vocation or profession that operates on a clock. Sure, school/class starts at 0700 and ends at 1500 with a 30-minute lunch and 10-minute breaks at each hour. The demands of being an instructor/teacher reach beyond those times, so it is incumbent for each teacher/instructor to establish priorities within those time constraints. Instructor/teachers have to also build in flex-time so they can address issues that do not perfectly fall in place with a defined schedule. Previously described is a 9-hour day of which is only class time. It does not account for one-on-one student challenges, administrative issues, facility malfunctions, unscheduled meetings, etc. These external encounters are in-fact, part of the training/class “synopsis” and as such require having time built into a given day to address appropriately.

I learned that I have a lot of excellent strategies in place already! 

I learned that it is more effective to set a time for certain tasks (such as checking emails, grading, etc.) as opposed to trying to do them as they come and become overwhelmed. Doing them as they come can also make for more errors and inconsistency. 

Continue to keep my classroom stress-free.  Staying organized and consistent helps me and my students enjoy a more relaxed classroom experience.

I need to set aside a designated time to grade without interruptions each day.

Sign In to comment