Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This subject is helpful to better handle students who may have dificulties with speaking up or can create hositle learning environments for others to learn and be disruptive, you may have to remove them from the class. 

Great strategies for variuos types of behaviors you may encounter. Good to learn how to give opportunities if needed and how to remove opportunities when warranted. 

When it comes to an angry student, the best approach is to listen first.

I plan to implement t6he idea of the 20 second survey

I have learned that I should try to work with the student as much as I can but when the student starts interrupting the learning of other students in the class then at that point the student must be taken out. Always making sure to have substantial evidence behind the decision. 

that when a student is disrupting the learning of others, shoulde be dismissed from the course, 

the common ways students cheat: 

- copy from neighors paper 

- use notes written on clothing,skin,or small cards 

- store answers on computers or calculators

- claim instructor lost exam

- plagiarize someones work  

I found that having the 'know it all" student try to teach to the class in terms that the class can understand can be beneficial to all involoved. Having the students who may not have understood it from you maybe hear it in another way. Maybe have the student who has the information to share but realize they may not have the knowledge to explain it to those who don't already understand the concept. 

We must learn not to react and raise our voice or rgue back atthe student. In my class the students are right out of high school and act as if they still are.  They havent learned that there will be consequences to their actions. Thy have not matured on that level yet. Which is scary because how are they going to handle a situation at work?

Allow the student to communicate their frustrations and anger, then take a moment to reflect before responding. 

How to manage teaching different styles of students. 

Being the instructor you have to be stern on due dates and decisions in the classroom.

Listen to students, understand them and let them know that we care for them is a great way to improve their behavior and performance in class.

In this topic, I learned the importance of student monitoring, and behavior. Listening is important to students who get angry or frustrated easily. I have alot of shy students, undertsanding why they may be shy and using strategies will help my students be successful.

Great management skills help teachers to assist students in staying focused, keeping on track, and preventing cheating.

I have learned that when faced with a student with certain behaviors be productive in keeping that student busy and in tune with the class and if not then speak to an administrator

setting the standard is key and if the student dose not continue to adapt to the standard then remove for the class 

setting student expectations from the begining is key to a successful class.

Setting clear expectations in the beginning for cheating, missing class, ect is important and to follow through with the consequences helps to manage the class.  Consistant is importmant.

Yes the students will cheat at any opportuniy they can. Good ideas in the moodle how to handle this situation moving foward. And also how to handle a student that is intrrupting the classroom. We have to know how to confront the student. And ask him why the behavior not just get out of my classroom. Like it was done in the old days. We need to see what causing the student behavior.

dont meet anger with anger

Sign In to comment