Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To pass on my passion and intrinsic motivation to my students.  To empower them to understand that learning for its own sake is the greatest reward. 

This is an integrated process and good examples of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators

I learned that extrinsic motivators are good to use until a students intrinsic motivation takes over.

Motivation is important in learning, which is why motivating students is essential.

Extrinsic motivators, as mentioned, are often used to keep the audience engaged. However, it seems like a habit hard to remove. Intrinsic motivators are not easy to have. Many students go to night classes, and are tired,  finding strategies to engage them is something important to think about.  

That extrinsic motivators can act as a bridge to intrinsic motivation. I will work to incorporate a few extrinsic motivators with the purpose of creating that bridge.

an example of extrinisic motivation is rewards, but too many rewards is known as the overjustification effect

In this module I learned about Intrinsic and Extrinsic motivation, as well as techniques to help motivate students with Extrinsic motivation that will lead to Intrinsic motivation. 

Rewards (extrinsic) make them try hard, self motivation (intrinsic) makes them remember

Intrinsic motivation is stimulation to do something that is internal to person. Extrinsic motivation encourages people to do things they wouldn't normally. Rewards are usually the prize for extrinsic motivation. Extrinsic motivators usually bridge the gap for intrinsic motivation

How to more effectively use extrinsic motivators to help the student develop their own intrinsic ones

Extrinsic motivation is a good motivator, but intrinsic motivation will allow adult learners to complete their goals.  It is they big WHY. 

Strategies for supporting successes with intrinsic (internal) or extrinsic (external) motivators differ and can both be valuable to support with increasing security and autonomy in the classroom.

post it

Students are self-motivated (Intrinsic) as adult learners, the motivation is increased as opportunities are presented through course study. The grade is a great reward (Extrinsic); the knowledge is greater in that the newly acquired skills will be rewarded in the workplace often many times over both (Extrinsic and Intrinsic).

intrinsic motivation is the most important for student success.

I've Learned that Intrinsic motivators is vital to the students sense of security.  

learning the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation 

Learning different ways to keep students motivated 

Both Intrinsic and extrinsic motivators can contribute to students success.

Sign In to comment