Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivators and how we can use extrinsic motivators until better intrinsic motivators take over.

Extrinsic motivators serve a purpose until intrinsic motivation kicks in.

Ive learned useful techniques , to help with student empowerment

I will try to incorporate more use of extrinsic motivation to help my students become more intrinsically motivated.

Intrinsic motivation is the personal motivating factors for most students

I think the best approach is to start with some extrinsic motivators such as rewards of some type and then hope the intrinsic will kick in and students would become motivated to achieve success internally. I would hope that in our school setting, if a student chooses to go through a particular program it is because they are internally motivated to become successful in that career as a start. 

I use intrinsic motivation in my course presentations. I try to make the class fun, so that even if the course material is dry, the experience is remembered as enjoyable. Joking is helpful, but not too much. Telling personal stories, related to the point at hand, is useful as well.

An extrinsic motivation is helpful until intrinsic motivation is achieved.

There are two types of motivation: Intrinsic and Extrinsic.  

Being a mentor and motivator are very important to have a successful classroom

I enjoyed learning about tools to increase intrinsic motivation.  It was interesting to note that often what motivates the instructor in turn will motivate the student.  It was also helpful to see that extrinsic motivators can be the bridge to intrinsic motivation which is more effective and enduring; but use them sparingly.  

2 types of motivators in and extrinsic 

The two types of motivators are intrinsic and extrinsic.

Intrinsic and extrinsic are helpful tools 

I try to use the questioning technique to bring students closer together.

Two types of motivators are Intrinsic and Extrinsic.

Learning that motivation can be about wanting rewards to get someone to work hard, or it's within yourself to want to work hard to get to a goal. 

Extrinsic motivators want a tangible reward for their efforts.

Intrinsic motivation is more effective in the class setting.

extrinsic and intrinsic motivation is very important in increasing student retention. 

Sign In to comment