Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are two types of motivation they are intrinsic and extrinsic. 

I learned that there are two types of motivators, intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic is long lasting and more effective as extrinsic is a bridge to help the person move toward being intrinsic.

Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivators, positive inhibators of the student success. 

Factors that affect motivations can be either intrinsic or extrinsic. Intrinsic factors are more long lasting. Extrinsic factors can be used to increase motivation until the intrinsic factors develop. These is some danger in overusing extrinsic factors when trying to motivate someone. 

Using Intrinsic & Extrinsic methods is an awesome way to keep the students motivated to reach their goals. 

I learned what constitutes extrinsic and intrinsic motivation.

Intrinsic motivation is  key in the classroom. Student must realize that when when they are engaged in classroom behavior, assignments, because they find it rewarding is the goal. Student must realize they are performing an activity for their sake of learning to further their careers and better their lives rather than from the desire for some reward or trohpy. The behavior itself is itheir reward.

Learning the difference between intrinsic & extrinsic motivators.

I'm speechless

Successful – They achieve better results. - Committed – They have a stronger sense of personal commitment. - Persistent – They perform more persistently and are less likely to quit when facing difficulties. - Creative – They are more creative and more likely to come up with novel ideas and solutions.

I will take what I have learned and apply it to my welding class by teaching them the skill and use it to make a real life project such as a metal rose.

Rewarding adult students that have low confidence and self esteem levels usually with time,  results

in Intrinsic students.

Make me undestand the difference between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation.  Intrinsic is best but sometomes extrinsic motivation is also helpful to bring up intrinsic motivation.

Shah Rahman

Applying both extrinsic and intrinsic motivors in the classroom setting is exremely beneficial to students motivation and success.

Learning due to intrinsic motivators

Finding an intrinsic motivator in a student can help with knowledge retention

It is best to be both an intrinsic and extrinsic motivator depending on the end goal. 

I currently employ extrinsic motivation by presenting students with a certificate of achievement for perfect attendance.

Extrinsic motivators can help along the way, but intrinsic is longer lasting.  

Two types of motivators are intrinsic and extrinsic.

Sign In to comment