Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to treat every student with respect and kindness. Learning a little about each student and treating them as humans and not a number is critical for students well-being. Treating students with mutual kindness and respect will encourage them to do well in the class and reach career goals.

I learned strategies to keep students engaged includes acknowledging each student, giving the class a moment to settle before beginning lecture, giving breaks between content to ensure the attention span is considered, incorporating lighthearted moments into lecture.  

Always engage with the student and encourage the good work they are doing.

Be creative with your students and the ways you instruct to keep them engaged.

I love the thought of bringing attention to light hearted things such as starting the class with a joke or pointing out the different "National Days." It is so true that adults love something that lets them feel light hearted and free if even for just a few moments. 

I learned we must be enthusiastic about what we are teaching. If we're not excited, then why should our students be motivated? Being creative in teaching and grasping the attention of our student is important so they are excited and motivated for the career they are working towards.

motivate your students to push themselves to be better daily. prepare them for the field.

make things fun and make sure people feel good about themselves

Creating an environment for learning with real life experience, engaging the students to share and participate actively.

I feel my teaching is going to be through the way of leading by example, that's how I have always been able to learn best, being able to show and pick up by doing.

I feel that one of the best keys to student retention is the energy the instructor gives and the passion for making sure each student is learning with confidence .

For retention, the classroom environment needs to feel safe and encouraging. It is also important as the instructor to show enthusiasm for their course.

Providing opportunities for fun and student participation.  Don't be too guarded and let students be a major part of their active learning rather than trying to deliver everything outright.

I like the idea of a joke a day. I really enjoy getting to know people and this will help me get to know my students so I can keep them engaged.

I learned that me as an instructor, I can't let my personal emotions effect my duty as an instructor. because if I don't care the students won't care.

Making sure you create an environment where students are engaged in their learning.

Be enthusiastic about your class and have some fun activities to keep student engagement high

An excited and genuine instructor typically enjoys teaching and loves what they do

Set high but realistic goals for students. It is important.

Following are some student needs that have to be addressed to establish a supportive learning environment.

Sign In to comment