Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to show students that you care about them as people.

Taking the time to greet each student when they arrive to class can help you establish a positive relationship with them and understand how they are feeling that day.

In this course I have learned that it is important to get to know your students to better teach them course materials. I plan on incorporating many of these techniques to make classes enjoyable and incorporating fun with learning, while setting reasonable expectations  

Greet and recognize each student each class. Might be having a bad day and that is the only thing to brighten it.

Teaching adults can be fun with the application of other diverse learning strategies. Paying attention to the student's learning style is very effective.

Create an "whole-part-whole" concept of learning where the students are active participants in the learning of materials.

Getting to know our students as an individual is very important. Being passionate in the classroom is very important. I also believe creativity and an energetic atmosphere is a must.

As a clinical instructor,  i try to always keep the students engaged by adding the real life patient experience with what they are currently learning in the classroom.  

Be creative, have fun and engage your students. It doesnt always have to be all business.

I engage all my students to participate in case studies, lab skill etc. I feel it's important to keep them invovled so they feel they are learning through doing. 

Just treat each student the same. Show them the respect you want them to show you.

So far I have learned that is important to keep each student in mind as an individual. Also, it is very important to give positive feedback as often as possible to ensure that students are staying engaged and encouraged to move forward with their education.

Have a teaching strategy/plans but do not be surprised if the lecture does not go as planned and learn how to improvise. Engage the students and be exciting about what you are teaching.

There were several concepts in the second component that are so valuable. The Human Factor and Personal Attention stand out and I need to work on being more engaged personally with my students.  Understanding where they come from, will help me teach them better.

Starting class with a lighthearted opener can allow students to feel more comfortable as they prepare for class to start, and allows the teacher to better connect with the students.

I have learned that success breeds success.  Therefore, if students are praised for a job well done, they will be encouraged to repeat their success.

The instructor must show enthusiasm of the subject matter he or she is teaching

Allow students to help drive the lecture. Give them information and see where their minds go. Make sure to ask critical thinking questions to help to access the retention of information 

Enthusiasm and excitement for the subject will help keep the students attention and will keep their attention and retention.

I like encouraging my students and helping them reach new milestones.

Sign In to comment