Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting to know the students by name , treating them as adults and being enthusiastic which helps them motivate. Recognizing &  showing approval daily as well as at the end of learning period.

Creative diversions can keep the students intrigued and interested in learning the content you are presenting.  Simple little things can help start the class in a positive lighthearted way.

Self evaluation helps in making sure you are aware of the environment. It allows you to have more insight on what the students see. As an instructor I will make sure to allow the students to lead their learning just as much as I would need to help lead them. 

Learn to have a genuine interest and care for sthe tudents learning

Always available for my students to encourage them.  

recognizing the importance of being enthusiastic about the subject matter

Care about your students and help them be succesfull

I learned that as long as you are being professional, it is okay to have fun in class.

I will try to look for the unknown holidays like "Bring your ballpoint pen day" and implement these into my class.

At the end of the lessons i do reveiw trivia

Students, many times, emulate their instructor. What a teacher's characteristics are will be illuminated before the students, and they learn a great deal. I think it is important that teachers be motivated in helping learners learn.

Developing a rapport with students creates successful teaching environment.  Involving students in something light hearted in the beginning of the class, sets up the learning environment as fun, and makes the student want to attend class.

Recognition and Reward go along way with student success.  

Adult learners need to know where they are and keep positive 

Try to reward students and keep positive attitude. Make the class interesting and on topic. 

an honest and real professor helps to provide engagement and understanding for the students

Remain fair and use active listening, remember they are here out of their own choice and want to move further in life.

I think it is valuable to know the students as more than just students. To look at their perspectives, to see their reasonings, to see their moods and feeling of the day, etc.

I like the learning to be interactive, engage the students, make them critically think.  And instead of first saying no or that is wrong I commend what was right FIRST then offer suggestions or corrections on how to guide to further a more correct answer. 

The study offered some great points about the human factor.  As the instructor, I want to always provide an opportunity for self-respect for the student by enabling him/her to focus on his/her skill and by learning their names.  This will assist in class rapport.  

Positive feedback and reinforcement are crucial to the success of adult learners. 

Sign In to comment