Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enthusiasm!

Building rapport with students is very important and will keep them interested in learning more and more.

You need to learn your students to understand them and by understanding them you can find out the best way they learn.  Developing a rapport with them is also helpful in understanding the way they learn.

It is always good to learn your students and arrange group discussions to help engage your students. It will also help them reflect on the lesson at hand. 

Being empathetic and sympathetic to students needs and what is going on in their outside life from school. Letting them know how much you understand but also emphasizing that they must be at school. Give them resources that may help in their time of need to help retain them.

I love the human factor approach. This is crucial to the art of teaching and for student retention. 

Teach in a way that will keep students engaged. As an instructor, you do not want to lose your students but you can use some teaching methods that will allow the students to learn the material/content in a fun and focused way. Furthermore, allow the students to share their experiences as these can assist with the learning process but do not encourage one-on-one competition between students as this can disrupt the learning environment. Instead, have group competition that encourages learning in the classroom.

Create a safe environment for students to learn and feel supported. It is also key to have the students feel you are approachable. 

Be passionate about what you are teaching and it will create a positive influence on your students. 

When teaching I try to do lecture and have hands on to demonstrate what real life experience its done. I also include stories about real life experience for a complete understanding of content. when students have questions I involve the entire class to see if any students have answers by stating in real life there are different circumstances that could involve much more but knowing concepts and how to apply them helps.

giving daily feedback and personal attention build rapport with your students. 

I have learned that it is okay to make the lessons fun and engaging. 

Be kind and fair, show your students you care. Be an expert on your subject matter, share your knowledge. 

Building relationships with the students and using their names when speaking to them helps them feel more respect for themselves. Being encouraging and paying attention to students' worries assist the students.

In a lot of ways we are entertainers as much as educators. Adult learners can benefit from lighthearted moments and multiple media methods for learning in order to have more approachable course work.

The importance of providing positive feedback, small rewards, and enthusiasm over even the smallest accomplishment. 

I love the idea of being human and relatable to the students and have light-hearted moments to help keep them engaged.

Make learning fun but understanding. Sometimes its okay to bring in some jokes and games. As long as the students is understanding and gathering the information, it makes teaching more exciting and fun. 

One fact that I learned from this module was the importance of remembering names.  I have always been bad with names so I will implement visible name badges and use of students name repeatedly to help me remember names of my students. 

I agree with this topic. Confidence and enthusiasm in a subject matter can carry over to the students.

Sign In to comment