Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Creating Effective Assessments | Origin: ED103

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Student Learning and Assessment--> Creating Effective Assessments

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned that different assessments can be used to activate different thinking processes. Some may be easier in nature like multiple choice but it allows students to use deductive reasoning and critical thinking. Knowing what assessments to use and when to do it will help in my students' sucess.

This was definitely eye opening on the pros and cons of different styles of test.

Comment on Carmen Nezic Pacheco's post: Great!

vary your test types for different learning areas

Effective assesments should correctly measure what students have been taught and understand. I will use different assesment methods in my class to check student learning and provide helpful feedback.

It was interesting to read about the pros and cons of the different types of test questions. When I teach, I will try to ensure that my type of question matches with my goals and the students' knowledge level. 

I learned a lot of valuable content on how to form proper test questions across many styles of tests (t/F, multiple choice, essay, etc.) and why some forms of testing are more appropriate and beneficial in specific situations.

Completion questions are an alternative to selection items for testing recall, and are especially useful in assessing mastery of factual information when a specific word or phrase is important to know.

I learned assessments need to match what I'm actually teaching and give me a clear understanding of what my students know. I plan to use different types of assessments to make sure my students understand the material and can apply what they learned, especially during hands-on activities.

testing not only tracks the students progress but how well youre explaining the material.

I learned that using different types of testing method is a great way to track student progress

i learned about the different kinds of testing methods and how to apply each one in my class

i learned different types of testing methods and the way they are used, what can be tested and the importance of using each method.

 

i tend to apply by ensuring each student has a fair chance of having a successful test and choosing the right method for them

Assessment test measure the student knowledge on the topics covered. As a instructor it help me to know areas that may need additional training of the subject matter.

I enjoyed learning the different things that each type of test is evaluating. I, too, find it ironic that the quizzes in these modules violate the criteria.

I learned about using the right testing type to measure what needs to be assessed. 

Mixing test styles allows you to create a critical thinking scenario in your testing. But it needs to be clear and easily understood on the first time they read it. 

Using different types of testing for different purposes being clear of unnecessary teaching methods. using critical thinking skills

How to better use assessment testing to help evaluate students

Sign In to comment